This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

Robyn Rihanna Fenty was born on the island nation of Barbados. She auditioned for an American record producer who recognized her talent and brought her to the United States to record demo tapes. BACKGROUND.

Her first two albums, “Music of the Sun” (2005) and “A Girl Like Me” (2006) were popular and made it onto the top ten of the US Billboards 200 chart. Rihanna’s third album, “Good Girl Gone Bad” (2007), established her in the industry.

Rihanna has a total of nine Grammy Awards. She won Grammy Awards for “Umbrella” (2008) featuring Jay-Z, “Run This Town” (2010) with Jay-Z and Kanye West, “Love the Way You Lie” (2011) with Eminem, “Only Girl (In the World)” (2011), “All of the Lights” (2012) with Kanye West, Kid Cudi and Fergie, “We Found Love” (2013) featuring Calvin Harris, her seventh studio album, “Unapologetic,” “The Monster” (2015) with Eminem and “Loyalty” (2018) with Kendrick Lamar.

Rihanna is set to headline the halftime show of Super Bowl 57 this Sunday. The singer has not released an album since “Anti” in 2016. She did have two new songs featured in the soundtrack for “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever.” “Lift Me Up” and Born Again’ were both released around the movie premiere.

For the Super Bowl, fans are anxious to see if the pop star sings any of her unreleased music. They are also excited to see if Rihanna brings out any additional guests to perform with her, or if it will be a solo show. No matter the case, Rihanna fans are excited to see her perform again.

Rihanna’s makeup line, Fenty Beauty made its debut in 2017. She launched the line with a range of 40 different shades of foundation. This shocked the makeup industry. Since Fenty’s release, many companies have prioritized inclusivity with shade ranges.

People of color had a hard time finding matching shades because beauty companies did not make their products with a large range of darker shades. This has started to change since Fenty Beauty’s launch. Now, Fenty Beauty’s shade range includes 50 different shades.

Rihanna also owns a lingerie brand, called Savage X Fenty. Besides just lingerie, the line includes underwear, bras, sleepwear and loungewear. Rihanna uses models of all sizes and races to model for her. She promotes body positivity and is very inclusive.

In her fashion shows, unlike Victoria’s Secret fashion shows, she includes models of all races and sizes, even plus-size models.

Rihanna uses her platform for good. She tries to make all people, all body types, all races feel beautiful and confident in their bodies.

Hi!! I'm Kelsey and I'm a senior strategic communication major at St. Bonaventure University. I love reading, writing, listening to podcasts and walking!