This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

Name: Harrison Leone

Year: senior

Major: history and political science minor.

Relationship Status: taken

Her Campus:So you’re Editor-In-Chief of The Bona Venture, and you’ve never taken a journalism class?”

Harrison Leone: “I’ve actually never taken a JMC class before. I did want to take on a JMC minor, but I couldn’t since I studied abroad.”

HC:Who is your favorite president and why?”

HL: “JFK because he has this swagger about him. He is handsome, he carries himself well, he has a Boston accent, and he fits into the Cold War time period. I’m definitely a ‘Cold War’ dude.”

HC:That’s interesting because most people who love history love WWII.”

HL: “That’s part of the reason why I’m not big on it because I think it has been done a lot.”

HC:What is something that students should know about history majors?”

HL: “We aren’t just doing it because we’re lazy and can’t do anything else. I think that’s what people think. People have this weirdly negative view of history majors. If I tell someone I’m a history major, they get offended and think I’m wasting my time here. It get’s me so angry because I think history is important to learn and I think I am learning skill that I will use in the future.”

HC:So they think you’re not going to have a job after graduation?”

HL: “Yes, but I’m not any more screwed for a job than the rest of the majors here at this school. They think history majors can only be museum curators and that’s not true. It’s drives me crazy. The world is open to us. It’s what you do with the major that counts.”

HC: “Since history is still required for students through Clare College, who would you recommend students take in the history department and why?”

HL: “Dr. Payne. I know some people may not like him, but he really cares about his students. I like him as a person and he’s really cool, good guy.”

HC: “If you could describe yourself in three words, what would they be?”

HL: “Reserved, passionate and playful.” 

Photo credit: image courtesy of Kiara Catanzaro

Kiara Catanzaro believes that the power of words will change the world for good. She is studying Journalism and Mass Communication and Integrated Marketing Communications. Writing is the source of her bliss, however she is also passionate about dessert, quotes and positivity. If you want to get insight from her about finding your bliss, read her blog: blissfullybrunette.wordpress.com.
I'm a sophomore journalism and mass communication major at St. Bonaventure University.