Campus Celebrity: Marcus Posley, ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

Buzzer beater shots make any game exciting. But for one player to make one two games in a row is quite a feat. This week’s Campus Celebrity is none other than Marcus Posley, a junior transfer student from Indian Hills Community College. He brought the crowd to its feet twice with his amazing, last-second shots against Davidson and then the following week against No. 18 ranked Virginia Commonwealth University, which also helped the Bonnies improve their record with two more wins. He, along with Youssou Ndoye, was recently awarded 3rd Team Atlantic 10 All-Conference Honors. 

Name: Marcus Posley

Hometown: Rockford, Illinois

Year: junior

Major: international studies, minoring in business management and business administration

Favorite Activities: working out, basketball, reading

Her Campus: “Who is your celebrity crush?”

Marcus Posley: “Kylie & Kendall Jenner.”

HC: “What’s a special talent you have that not many people know about?”

MP: “I also play soccer.”

HC: “Now that you are a senior to be what are you hopes for next season and what are your plans to help achieve that in the offseason?’

MP: “For next season, I hope to win the A-10 tournament and play in the NCAA tournament. To achieve this goal it will take better leadership and an even harder work ethic to better my game in every way possible.”

HC: “How did you find yourself playing college basketball at St. Bonaventure University?”

MP: “I took an official visit here and loved what Coach Massey and the staff had to offer. Also from an academic standpoint, I loved the school.”

HC: “You had two amazing buzzer beaters in two crucial times of play. Can you tell us what that was like? How can you even prepare for split second decision-making?”

MP: “Being in those positions to make those plays is truly a blessing. Having your coaches and teammates allow you to put the team on your back is an unbelievable feeling. At the end of the day, I wouldn’t have been able to make those shots if it weren’t for my teammates putting me in those positions. Being able to react in those split second situations comes natural I guess. It’s just something you develop over the years of being in those specific situations.”

Photo credit: 1, 2

I'm a Junior Strategic Communications major at Saint Bonaventure University, also known as the greatest place on earth. Hobbies include eating ridiculous amounts of food, watching Scandal and swimming. I'm probably wearing converse.
I'm a sophomore journalism and mass communication major at St. Bonaventure University.