Bonaventure’s Own Makeup Extraordinaire Natalie BeCoats

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

Name: Natalie BeCoats

Year: Sophomore

Major: Journalism & Mass Communications

Hometown: Irondequoit, NY

HerCampus: “I know you have a passion for makeup, how did you get into it?”

Natalie BeCoats: “Well as a kid, I went to a Catholic elementary school and I was never really allowed to wear makeup, but the older girls at school would always wear makeup and I just loved the way it looked. Honestly, it just sort of grew from there and now I’m beyond obsessed.”

HC: “Where do you get your inspiration?”

NB: “I follow a lot of makeup artists on Instagram and Snapchat, and just seeing the looks that they create is inspiring. I like to take elements from everywhere and mix them together to create looks that work for me.”

HC: “What is your favorite thing about makeup?”

NB: “I love the range of makeup and the endless looks that you can create. I mean, some days you can wear something super natural looking, and the next day you can wear a bold eye or lip and look completely different. I just love the versatility of it all.”

HC: “YouTube beauty gurus have gaining a lot of popularity and influence in the world of makeup and fashion within the past couple years. Do you have any favorites?”

NB: “I’m obsessed with LustreLux (Katy), Desi Perkins, Carli Bybel, Teni Panisoian, Bella Fiori and Alyssa Forever.”

HC: “Have you ever considered making your own channel?”

NB: “I’ve considered it, but I honestly don’t know if I’m good enough for all that and I’m also low-key super lazy so I feel like I’d give it up super quick, ya know?”

HC: “What are your favorite fall makeup trends?”

NB: “I personally am obsessed with super dark plum lips with a more neutral or nude eye look. I also love a super dark smoky eye with a nude lip. You honestly can’t go wrong with those. And honestly, even though I feel like highlighting is such a good trend to glow in the summer, I’ve been doing it for so long now that I feel incomplete without it. So I guess I would add highlighting, too, because lets be real… Who doesn’t love a good glow?”

HC: “What are your top three favorite products of all time?”

NB: “My top three favorite products are the Too Faced ‘Better Than Sex’ Mascara, the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade, and my super trusty foundation, the Nars All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation.”

HC: “If you could only wear one product, which would you choose?”

NB: “Eyebrows, all day, every day.”

HC: “Have you ever considered pursuing makeup or some aspect of fashion in the future?”

NB: “Eventually I’d like to end up somewhere in the beauty industry, either as a writer or an editor because I love to write, but I’m also super passionate about makeup. For me, it’s all about just finding the right mixture of those two.”

I'm a Junior Strategic Communications major at Saint Bonaventure University, also known as the greatest place on earth. Hobbies include eating ridiculous amounts of food, watching Scandal and swimming. I'm probably wearing converse.