This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

Who else has felt as if their mood highly depends on the weather? Because if you do, you’re not alone. Lately, the weather has been all over the place. And with spring break ending, one just feels like they’re stuck in a big slump. One day it is snowing and the next day is warm.

You just don’t know with this weather. Which is scary to think of, because I do not enjoy waking up in the morning and looking out the window to find snow on the ground, but there are simple things that can help you over the seasonal depression. 

Tip 1:

There are days that are not going to be perfect and I think the weather is a perfect example of that. This might sound cheesy, but hope for better days. There is always a bright sun behind a cloudy sky.

Tip 2:

Spend time with people who make every day amazing for you. Hang out with people who make you forget about the bad times and help make great memories during your college career.

Tip 3:

Lastly, the best thing to do is to go out for a walk. Get some fresh air no matter what the weather may be that day. It is better than staying in your room.

Article by Priscilla Contreras

Buffalo native, creative by nature.