This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

Seriously the best concert I have ever been to.

Still … At Their Very Best was incredible.  I saw The 1975 live in Pittsburgh. It was truly an amazing experience. I bought these tickets 7 months ago. I got them the day they went on sale as soon as presale opened. They weren’t super close but at least they weren’t super expensive.

Because I bought the tickets so far in advance, the concert got pushed to the back of my mind for a while. I went to work, I went to Italy, I went back to school and got busy with homework, internships, and friends. Then all of a sudden it was November 1st, and the concert was in four days.

I introduced my dad to The 1975 with an article I wrote last year about their most recent album “Being Funny in a Foreign Language”. He found a song he liked, and I showed him a couple more and then I made him a whole playlist. Of the songs I put on the playlist, my dad found a few of his own favorites.

So on our way down to the PPG Paints Arena in Pittsburgh, we threw on the playlist and tried to contain our excitement. Once we actually arrived at the arena, figured out parking, and grabbed a quick bite to eat, we made our way too our seats. I knew we weren’t going to be super close, but our seats were still great! The view was perfect. We could see the whole stage clearly. It was awesome.

The opening act was … not my cup of tea. Dora Jar has a great voice and she seemed to be very comfortable on stage, but I focused on my soft pretzel for the majority of her set.

The 20 minutes between the end of Dora Jar’s set and the beginning of the main event were pretty torturous. I stared at the big blue curtain with the white spotlight for all of those 20 minutes waiting for any sign the band was about to emerge.

Once they turned on the bright white lights and dropped the curtain, everyone started screaming. I was in shock from the very first note. Tears almost formed in my eyes. I was too stunned to stand, sing along, or tear my eyes away from the stage.

The sound was so clear and crisp and unreal. I couldn’t believe I was actually in the same room as my favorite band.

Every song was so good. The vocals and all the instruments sounded incredible. After the concert, I felt a little bit deaf but in the best way possible.

Since the concert ended, all I have been listening to all the songs they played over and over, trying to remember how it felt to hear the songs live.

I am so thankful I was able to go to the concert and experience it with my dad. It was such an unforgettable experience.

Delainey Muscato is a junior journalism major with philosophy and sociology minors. This year she is excited to be the brand deal manager, assistant events planner, and senior editor for the SBU chapter of Her Campus. In her weekly article for Her Campus, she usually writes about her personal experiences at college, as an intern, or just in life. Delainey is excited for her second year as a member of Her Campus and can’t wait to help new members be just as engaged in the club as her. Outside of Her Campus, Delainey is a very active journalist. She writes for a newspaper in Ellicottville, The Villager. These articles typically detail local events or highlight people in the area. She also just began writing for Tap into Greater Olean. This news site covers stories directly rooted in the Olean and Allegany area. This summer, Delainey spent five weeks studying abroad is Sorrento, Italy. In her free time, Delainey loves to spend time with her friends and family. She spends a lot of time reading on her porch at home. Delainey also loves to take her dog Nella on walks. Her favorite TV shows are The Office and Friends. Her favorite movie is Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. She also loves music and spends a lot of time discovering new music and perfecting her playlists. www.linkedin.com/in/delainey-muscato-b10134282