Album Ranking: Lana Del Rey’s Norman F*****g Rockwell

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

My roommate and I have been playing Lana Del Rey’s new album, Normal F******g Rockwell!, on repeat since the second it dropped. It’s the perfect album to transition from Hot Girl Summer to a Sad Girl Autumn. The minute I heard some of these songs I knew they were going to be instant classics I’d be blasting for the next year. Some others though, not my personal cup of tea, but still amazing though because it’s Lana, and she can do no wrong.

Since I’ve been totally obsessed with the album, I thought I’d rank my favorite songs and lyrics from my not so favs to top songs that I’ll probably be listening to on repeat for like, the next year.

14. Bartender

Favorite Lyrics: But sometimes girls just want to have fun, the poetry inside of me is warm like a gun.

13. The Next Best American Record

Favorite Lyrics: You make me feel like there’s something that I never knew I wanted.

12. How to disappear

Favorite Lyrics: I know he’s in over his head, but I love that man like nobody can / He moves mountains and pounds them to ground again.

11. hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have- but I have it

Favorite Lyrics: Except hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have / Hope is a dangerous thing for a woman with my past.

10. California

Favorite Lyrics: I shouldn’t have done it, but I read it in your letter / You said to a friend that you wish you were doing better / I wanted to reach out, but I never said a thing

9. Mariners Apartment Complex

Favorite Lyrics: And who I am is a big-time believer that people can change, but you don’t have to leave her / You lose your way, just take my hand / You’re lost at sea, then I’ll command your boat to me again / Don’t look too far, right where you are, that’s where I am.

8. The Greatest

Favorite Lyrics: And I’m wasted don’t leave‚ I just need a wake-up call / I’m facing the greatest, The greatest loss of them all

7. Norman F*****g Rockwell

Favorite Lyrics: Goddamn, man-child you act like a kid even though you stand six foot two / Cause you’re just a man it’s just what you do /Your head in your hands as you color me blue

6. Doin’ Time

Favorite Lyrics: Me and my girl, we got this relationship, I love her so bad, but she treats me like shit / Oh take this veil from off my eyes my burning sun will someday rise so what am I gonna be doin’ for a while

5. Venice B****

Favorite Lyrics: You’re in the yard, I light the fire and as the summer fades away, nothing gold can stay / Give me Hallmark one dream, one life, one lover paint me happy and blue

4. Love Song

Favorite: Oh, be my once in a lifetime, lying on your chest, in my party dress / Would like to think that you would stick around, you know that I just die to make you proud

3. F**k it I love you

Favorite Lyrics: Baby‚ wish that you would hold me or just say that you were mine, but it’s killing me slowly / Dream a little dream of me, make  me into something sweet

2. Happiness is a butterfly

Favorite Lyrics: If he’s a serial killer, then what’s the worst that could happen to a girl who’s already hurt?/ I said, “Don’t be a jerk, don’t call me a taxi” / Sitting in your sweatshirt, crying in the backseat ooh I just wanna dance with you

1. Cinnamon Girl

Favorite Lyrics: You try to push me out but I just find my way back in / There’s things I wanna say to you, but I’ll just let you live

Strategic Communications Major Marketing Minor SBU Her Campus Board SBU Cheerleading  Author of alleyesonher20.wordpress.com