Fruity Drinks
Fruity Drinks
Breanna Coon / Her Campus
Wellness

A Silly Little Drink

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

This may sound crazy but I think I actually might be obsessed with loaded teas.

I had no idea these existed until I came to college. My best friends heard from an athletic teams about these drinks called loaded teas that their teammates get all the time. The first time my friends went they all got different drinks and I tried each and every one of them. Safe to say I was hooked from that point. They have such a distinct delicious flavor to them that is just so pleasing to the taste buds.

The next time I needed to get a full size one to try. I got a loaded tea called Purple Rain which consisted of Blue sweetart, watermelon, and rainbow candy flavor. It had such a distinct sour taste to it that almost reminded me of like a very sour lemonade. The best thing about this drink though was that it consisted of Vitamin B6 and B12 as well as Vitamin C. At the time of getting this drink I was sick and I think it definitely not only helped put me in a better mood but the Vitamin C also made a difference.

Every week now, on either Tuesday and Thursday, me and my friends will get loaded teas on one of those days. They help us get through our days if we have difficult assignments or classes to go to. Most of us get different flavors each time, so that we can find our favorite drink. I landed on a drink called Peacock that consists of grape, green apple, and blue sweetart flavor. This taste reminds me of the flavor of a blue gusher. It gives me such nostalgia to my childhood that it became my favorite drink I get every time.

This is a part of my weekly routine that has become one of the best parts of my days. Have these drinks put a dent in my bank account? A little bit, but not enough to be concerned about it. This has become my new version of Starbucks because it not only has caffeine but also has vitamins which makes me more okay with spending money on it once a week. It also is something fun that me and my friends can do together and taste each others drinks which has become such a bonding experience. Even the car ride to the nutrition place is even more of a bonding experience with us singing music while sipping on our drinks. Moral of this story is that I think everyone a least needs to give a loaded tea a try at least once in their life.

Hello I am Gabrielle Martin, Gabby for short. I am a freshman writer at St. Bonaventure University chapter of Her Campus. I plan on writing about different topics like breakups, dating, personal care, and relationships (the good ones and the challenging ones). Outside of Her Campus I am an Adolescent Education major with a history concentration. I am also a part of four other clubs on campus most that deal with the education part of my major where I take care of kids after school from the community. This is my first year on Her Campus and I cannot wait to embark on this journey of writing influential articles. I am from Caledonia, New York which is about 30 minutes outside of Rochester. In my free time I love to spend time with my friends going out to eat or going on walks. I love reality tv shows and I also love cheesy romantic comedies. My favorite food is bagels and I drink a coffee every single morning when I wake up. My main goal in life is to have an imprint on someones life or have an influence on the choices they make in life. I try to make the mistakes so others do not have to repeat my poor choices.