This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

I have some people say that if they could meet their past self, they would simply punch them for doing something they later regret. For me, I think I would just give myself the older sister talk I always wished growing up.

If I could back to any part of my life, I think I would go back to the ages of my teenage year. I would do anything to meet the girl I was when I was so native to the world. I would like to go back to when life seemed so sample and so complicated at the same time. I would like to hug that past version of myself and forgive myself of all the time I took for granted while growing up.

So I write this letter to you, my teenage self. Someone who never truly left me but as time went by, she grew up be a amazing woman.

Dear teenage me,

Life will change and you will change to. Your body will no longer be the same. Every month you will wish your hormones were never a thing and that the pimples on the face would just disappear.

High school will be tough. You will realize that the friends you met in high school won’t be around for a long time. You will be surprised to see that people go on with their life and things will change in ways you never thought it would. Before you know it, high school sweetheart will get married. You will see most of your friends start a family of their own. You will say your final goodbye to your friends without knowing it is your last one. This will be unbelievable to you because to you high school feels like a year ago. But it is not.

Life will go on.

You will not regret not having a Quinceañera. It will be 7 years later and you will be happy you saved up that money to go to your college fund instead of a party. In college you will major in Journalism and English. Two of your favorite topics and you won’t be surprised at how passionate you will get about it.

You will have the greatest of friends. You will get out of your shell and become an loud, dramatic, but funny girl. You will make the people around you feel comfortable. So never doubt how much your presence has an affect on people. But most importantly, as your teenage years come to an end it does not mean to have to stop liking things you thought were childish. You will always have that part of you is still a huge One Direction fan, who knows the words to each of their songs. You will always be there to help your parents no matter how far in distance you are from them. Oh and the best part, you will find love.

So if I could give you one last piece of advise, teenage me, is to not stress out about the future holds because everything will work out. And, you will be the happiest you have been.

Love truly,

Priscilla, 22 years old.

hi! recent sbu grad trying to navigate grad school and post grad! :)