Style > Fashion

8 Places to Get Sweaters From for a Cool Girl Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

As the weather gets colder by the day, it’s fair to say that we are swiftly approaching prime sweater season. While some snow has already fallen, especially around St. Bonaventure University, we can expect much more in the remaining winter months. There are many amazing places to get sweaters from this year and many brands have launched new lines of winter gear. Here are the eight best places, from cheapest to most expensive, to get sweaters from to absolutely own the cold weather.

1. Cider

Cider has pretty much everything you can imagine with very affordable pricing. They have sweaters that are trendy and classic. Their selection features a lot of bright and bold colors with funky patterns and other more plain ones. Cider is no Shein, but their price range is still college student friendly.

2. Target

What can I say? Target is a classic. Even though Olean, NY is lacking one of these stores, Target has a great online selection of sweaters. They carry multiple brands, so you’re sure to find something you like. Unlike Cider, Target carries mostly earth tones, but they do have some bright colored sweaters, as well. Target is very affordable in general, so they’re a perfect place to buy from.

3. H&m

H&M has some amazing pieces this winter. Just a few weeks ago, I found an adorable brown sweater there that quickly became a staple in my wardrobe. They are a very trendy and affordable brand, but are a bit more expensive than Target and Cider. H&M has carries amazing quality sweaters with a very diverse selection of fabric, pattern, and color. H&M is probably the best place to buy sweaters from this season.

4. Old Navy

Old Navy is an incredibly reliable brand that is sure to bring great pieces to your closet. They have a very extensive collection of sweaters, most in darker colors, but some fun patterns. Old Navy has been blowing up on TikTok recently for their Aritzia dupes, but they’ve always been a better, cheaper Aritzia. They have very trendy patterns and styles of sweaters perfect for this winter.

5. Asos

ASOS has the perfect sweater for every shape and size, but it is definitely on the more expensive side. They have a wide range of colors to select from, but also very interesting cuts of the sweaters. Their clothing is always very trendy and “in,” making them a total “cool girl” staple this winter.

6. Aerie

Aerie is not cheap, but what they lack in complete affordability they make up for in style and quality. The range of colors they feature both in-store and online is incredible and their sizing is very inclusive. An Aerie sweater is guaranteed to be the best thing you’ll put on your body this winter. Their collection features mostly jacquard patterns in many different colors, which is very “in” this winter.

7. GAP

My mom loves Gap and she has every right to. They have definitely stepped up their game this year. Their sweater collection features bright colors, perfect for standing out this winter. They have many plain sweaters, but also some unique cuts, too. Their sweaters are a bit expensive, but definitely worth it.

8. Free People

Free People is very expensive. I don’t recommend looking at their clothes unless you have some money to spend because their pieces are gorgeous. Their sweaters are stunning, but usually start at around $70 and can reach hundreds of dollars. They have a lot of fun colors and styles, but the quality of their clothing is what makes the brand so special. A Free People sweater is an investment, but is always worth it.

Mary Quinn, known as MQ to most, is the events planner for the St. Bonaventure University chapter of Her Campus. She is responsible for planning, coordinating, and executing all events for the chapter, as well as publishing articles weekly. Mary Quinn is currently a second-year student studying English with a passion for philosophy. Aside from Her Campus, Mary Quinn has previously written for PolitiFact NY, a media organization dedicated to publishing the whole truth, as a political reporter. Mary Quinn is involved with SBU College Democrats, serves as the membership chair of the Student Government Association (SGA), is co-president of Break the Bubble, a campus service organization, and an ambassador for St. Bonaventure University's Freshman Leadership Program. In her time away from academics, Mary Quinn loves spend time with friends, shop for new skincare and makeup, listen to music, and read. Mary Quinn absolutely adores her two dogs, Joey and Murphy, and likes to spend her free time helping out at the local SPCA. She believes there is no crisis that cannot be solved by a good hike or walk. Mary Quinn's favorite conversation starter is that she won Camp Gossip and Best Tan at the summer camp she worked at. There is nothing Mary Quinn loves more than Ethel Cain's music and the Allegany River Trail. Mary Quinn is currently a second-year student studying English with a passion for philosophy. Aside from Her Campus, Mary Quinn has previously written for PolitiFact NY, a media organization dedicated to publishing the whole truth, as a political reporter. Mary Quinn is involved with SBU College Democrats, is co-president of Break the Bubble, a campus service organization, and an ambassador for St. Bonaventure University's Freshman Leadership Program. In her time away from academics, Mary Quinn loves spend time with friends, shop for new skincare and makeup, listen to music, and read. Mary Quinn absolutely adores her two dogs, Joey and Murphy, and likes to spend her free time helping out at the local SPCA. She believes there is no crisis that cannot be solved by a good hike or walk. Mary Quinn's favorite conversation starter is that she won Camp Gossip and Best Tan at the summer camp she worked at. There is nothing Mary Quinn loves more than Ethel Cain's music and the Allegany River Trail.