diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style > Beauty

6 Beauty Products You Need This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

There’s no question that fall is right around the corner in Western New York, and that means switching up your beauty routine. But have no fear, for I have created a list of six items that I think everyone should get their hands on.

1.    Clinique Moisture Surge Overnight Mask ($34.00): For those cooler and dryer fall nights, hydrate your skin with this thicker yet rejuvenating moisturizer. Upon waking up the next morning, you should notice a dramatic difference in the overall texture of your skin.

2.   Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream ($30.00): For all of my girls (and men) out there that have naturally dark under eye circles and puffier skin, this is your new holy grail. With a peachy tone and slight sparkles that reflect light, this cream immediately makes eyes look more awake, brighter and smoother. Look tired no more!

3.   Cover FX Contour Kit ($48.00): It seems that newest (yet seemingly oldest) trend in makeup is contouring and highlighting the face. Look no further, for Cover FX has brought you a kit perfect for the fall featuring creams versus powders, which are less prone to drying the skin out. With four different shades in each skin tone kit, there are many different looks that can be created and the creams’ abilities to blend make the looks easier than ever.

4.   Cargo Water Resistant Blush ($26.00): After receiving this blush in the shade Los Cabos in my Birchbox (!!!!!) one month, I fell in love. The shade was absolutely perfect for the hot weather, and I was skeptical about its performance in the cooler months leading up to winter. However, I found that I loved it even more as the weather seemed to get cooler and my tan faded. The coral color gave me the perfect flush, giving me the perfect amount of color without making me look like a clown. But beware, this blush is super pigmented.

5.    Too Faced Candlelight Glow Highlighting Powder Duo ($30.00): Who says that you can’t glow all year long?! This highlighter powder from Too Faced has become a staple in my makeup bag. The effect that it has is mesmerizing, and is the perfect finishing touch to a full-on glam look.

6.   NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Transylvania ($5.99): I cannot speak highly enough about this amazing lip cream. The dark color is perfect for every fall look, and the matte finish is just the icing on the cake. And not to mention the price, hello!!! 

Photo credits: IS099I6DP.jpg

Wegmans lover. Probably more coffee in my bloodstream than oxygen. Sophistiratchet.
A junior at St. Bonaventure University majoring in Journalism/Mass Communications and French. She can always be found with a Dunkin Donuts iced coffee in hand, at the gym attempting to do yoga, or binge watching Grey's Anatomy with Ben&Jerry's. You can follow her on twitter @emilyrosman or on Instagram emilyrosman.