11 Tips for Surviving Spring Weekend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

It’s a marathon, not a sprint.

o   As much as you may feel like it’s a great idea to start taking shots at 10 a.m., you will be exhausted before anything fun happens.

Put on sunscreen.

o   The only thing you will be thinking about less than final exams is putting on sunscreen. If it’s sunny outside you will have a very red and painful famer’s tan from your spring weekend shirts.

Do not go too hard on Thursday night.

o   The real Spring Seekend festivities start on Friday, even though most people start their weekend on Wednesday night. If you go too hard on Thursday though, you risk being too hungover to enjoy free food and activities.

Winning the kickball games doesn’t matter, so don’t be “that guy.”

o   As much as everyone may drunkenly shout at you for missing the ball, in the end no one will remember whether they won or lost.

Take full advantage of the food tent.

o   This is the one rare opportunity the Hickey steps it up and provides us with free delicious snack food. Do not be ashamed to take two paper plates full of chicken nuggets or to eat five tacos.

You can and will get rug burn if you fall on anything inflatable.

o   And the rug burns will stay for at least a week. Trust me, you will regret it in the morning.

Just because it’s called Spring Weekend doesn’t mean it’s spring

o   Dress appropriately!

Stock up on the essentials.

o   You will most likely be in no condition to drive, so make sure you have enough supplies before you start drinking.

If you’ve always wanted to do karaoke, Spring Weekend is the time to do it.

o   You will have lost your inhibitions, and you’ll feel like a rock star. The best part is, if you can’t sing, no one will remember.

Finish your work during the week no matter how much you don’t want to.     

o   Because I can guarantee you, you really won’t want to on Sunday when you can’t lift your head high enough to eat a bagel.

Most importantly, have fun!

o   Spring Weekend was created to blow off steam before final exams so relax and try  to think about Natty Light instead of Natty World for one day.

A junior at St. Bonaventure University majoring in Journalism/Mass Communications and French. She can always be found with a Dunkin Donuts iced coffee in hand, at the gym attempting to do yoga, or binge watching Grey's Anatomy with Ben&Jerry's. You can follow her on twitter @emilyrosman or on Instagram emilyrosman.
I'm a sophomore journalism and mass communication major at St. Bonaventure University.