10 Reasons Why Registering For Classes Is The Biggest Pain In The Ass

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

1.) You never get into the classes that you want

Let alone the classes that you literally need to take in order to graduate on time.

2.) You never get the good professors

Instead, you end up with the really bad professors that people warn you about on “Rate My Professor”.

3.) You get the worst class times

No thanks – I’d rather not take an 8:30 a.m. class as a junior.

4.) Planning around when you’re able to eat and drink

Class at 5:30 p.m.? No, that’s dinnertime. Class until 9 p.m. on a Thursday night? No, that’s drinking time. Looks like I won’t be a fulltime student this semester!

5.) The time you register always seems to be so inconvenient

It’s always either while you’re in class or while you’re asleep. Who makes a registration time at 8:00 a.m. on a Saturday morning?!

6.) All of your friends seem to get the classes they want

And you’re stuck frantically emailing professors, attempting to get yourself into a class that’s already full.  

7.) Seniority doesn’t help

I always thought that registering would get easier as I get older and can register earlier, but it still sucks. The same problems still occur.

8.) Going to a small school

This means that a class is full after 14 students have registered for it. Great!

9.) The website freezes up

You can never actually register on time because the website constantly crashes. Everyone is blowing it up to the point where it stops working.

10.) Trying to make your schedule as easy as possible

Should I have no classes on Friday’s next semester, or wait until I’m a senior to take statistics? Even though having a bad schedule sucks, it’ll be worth it to get the tough classes out of the way ASAP. 

Junior journalism and mass communications major at St. Bonaventure University 
A junior at St. Bonaventure University majoring in Journalism/Mass Communications and French. She can always be found with a Dunkin Donuts iced coffee in hand, at the gym attempting to do yoga, or binge watching Grey's Anatomy with Ben&Jerry's. You can follow her on twitter @emilyrosman or on Instagram emilyrosman.