freestocks ChaY8166imQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks ChaY8166imQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Of The Best Rom Coms To Watch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

If you’re having the post-valentines day blues, I know from experience that watching romantic comedies is the perfect medicine. It distracts you from your current reality, whatever that may be, and might give you hope when you feel like there’s none left.  Here are a few favorites:

1.)  Something Borrowed

This movie is the typical story about how the good girls somehow always end up getting screwed over. It always seems as though the type of girl that you try not to be like ends up getting everything she wants, while you’re stuck in the background watching it happen. Taking things into your own hands may be the only solution to getting what you want.

2.)  My Best Friend’s Wedding

A lot of girls have that one close guy friend who they have a flirty, weird relationship with. In this movie, Julia Roberts has to face feelings for her best friend that she didn’t realize she had until she finds out that he’s getting married. This movie is absolutely adorable, and will definitely reassure you that you’re not the only crazy girl out there.

3.)  10 Things I Hate About You

This one is an absolute classic, and gives you a chance to swoon over the beautiful Heath Ledger. It shows you that romantic feelings can be brought out in even the most emotionless people.

4.)  500 Days of Summer

Joseph Gordon Levitt is so cute, and it’ll make you kind of hate Zooey Deschanel. This movie shows you that guys aren’t the only ones who are capable of breaking hearts.

5.)  He’s Just Not That Into You

This is the bible. It teaches you that if a guy is feeling it, he will let you know and make sure that you never doubt it. It also reassures girls that if we think we’re acting crazy, we probably are.

6.)  27 Dresses

Your time will come. Even though it’s frustrating to wait around and watch all of your friends and family jump into relationships, the right guy could be right around the corner.

7.)  Trainwreck

Amy Schumer shows us that even the ultimate single girl can learn how to be tied down, proving that there really is hope for all of us. The right guy will bring out the best in you and still allow you to be your crazy, fun self rather than hold you back and try to change you. Find a guy who embraces everything about your personality.

8.)  Crazy, Stupid, Love

Steve Carell is probably all of our dads. I love movies that tie together a lot of different love stories, and that’s exactly what this movie does. It shows love from all perspectives, and at all ages. Plus, Ryan Gosling is in it. Enough said.

9.)  50 First Dates

Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore should be together in real life. It doesn’t matter what obstacles get in the way, he does anything that he can to make it work between them and let her know he loves her, every single day. We should settle for nothing less than that kind of commitment.

10.) Love Actually

This is another movie that ties together a bunch of different love stories. Although it’s a movie that I like to watch around the holidays, it can still be enjoyed at any time of the year. I love seeing all different kinds people fall in love in all different types of ways. 

Junior journalism and mass communications major at St. Bonaventure University 
A junior at St. Bonaventure University majoring in Journalism/Mass Communications and French. She can always be found with a Dunkin Donuts iced coffee in hand, at the gym attempting to do yoga, or binge watching Grey's Anatomy with Ben&Jerry's. You can follow her on twitter @emilyrosman or on Instagram emilyrosman.