alexander sinn KgLtFCgfC28 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexander sinn KgLtFCgfC28 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Unsplash

You Do Not Have to Be Perfect to be Enough

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Savannah chapter.

Romans 3:23 “For everyone has sinned, we all fall short of God’s glorious standard”… It is okay to be not be perfect. Who said you had to be perfect to be enough? Being a Woman or  a Man of God means you are full of imperfections that God is using as a testimony so others who you come in contact with can seek his kingdom.

This relates to my personal life, because as I began to get closer to God, I had a flawed idea of the woman he wanted me to be. I felt as if, because I was in Christ I had to be perfect… big mistake. When you have this idea of having to be perfect you tend to beat yourself up about any mistake you make or if you fall short sometime which opens up a door of self-condemnation and even depression. You become so frustrated, because you are striving to be something that God did not put in his will for you to be which is perfect. Don’t you know you can be whole and imperfect at the same time? I did not think so however, as I began to seek God, I finally understood that he loves me with all of my mistakes, sins, and imperfections and if anyone who comes in my life would dare to stray away from me knowing my problems or make me feel less of a person then they are not the one for me.  If I wake up tomorrow and cuss someone out guess what? He still loves me, because he examines my heart. Of course, he does not want us to sin in vain but to also know that we are human, and we are going to slip up sometimes however, that does not make us unworthy of love, happiness, joy, or peace. When we strive to be perfect, we are telling God we do not need him to work on us with anything…   I don’t know about you, but I know I need some fixing. Instead of critiquing yourself so harshly know that you are still the one, the favor is still over your life, and you are still the chosen one no matter what. God loves you flaws,  and all & nothing will ever change that. There is nothing you can say or do that will make him love you any less and it is important to hang around those who gives off the love that God has for you. When it comes to friendships and relationships you should be with those who gives you room to make a mistake and learn from it, not make a mistake and beat yourself  up about it or make you feel less of what you are. Your friends, spouse, or any other associates should reflect Gods unconditional love and grace and if they do not then they are not the one for you. Do not be so concerned with being perfect, focus on placing God first and just being you. Know that what is for you will come and this is a season of knowing that you do not have to be perfect to be worthy of God’s love. You just have to be you. Let him mold you to be who he wants you to be and let’s not be scared of the leaves that fall to the ground in this season. New soil is being planted to replace what you thought was a loss…

Mesi Moore

Savannah '22

Hello! My name is Tho’Mesia Moore, but you can call me Mesi. I am from a small town called Claxton, Ga and currently attend Savannah State University. I am a Social Work Major and joined Her Campus Savannah my freshman year. I love writing to spread knowledge, give people a different perspective of looking at things, and inspiring others. Check out my articles below ❤️