This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Savannah chapter.

Remember when we were younger and had a best friend that we would keep for the rest of our lives? That friend would grow up with us and we’ll go on double dates, go to prom together, and attend the same college. And once we were settled into successful careers, we would get married and become each other’s bridesmaid and our children would laugh and play with each other. Then their friendship would start the cycle over again and every friendship made would live happily ever after. 

Apparently, those friendships only exist in either movies, books, and TV shows. 

From a woman’s perspective, a friendship is a growing commitment between two women who consciously vow to uphold equally the trust, affection, esteem, and intimacy of the relationship. Women go through many friendships throughout their lifetime and those friendships may have a strong foundation but only remain on one level of friendship. And even on that one level you may feel that bond as tightly knotted or stronger than ever but can you see that friend as a soulmate?

A soulmate is a person you have a deep connection with. That person is the piece to the missing puzzle that makes you feel whole and spiritually alive. 

So what is a friend-soulmate? It starts in between the highest level of friendship and the transition to a lifelong bond. A friend-soulmate does not have to be someone you’ve known since childhood or within a certain time length but solely relies on the strength of the connection and experiences. You decide one day as you and your friend are bonding, the possibility of spending the rest of your life with them. That transition can be described as waking up in the morning and the sun is shining and you feel blessed to be alive. 

Don’t go looking for a friend-soulmate. They will find you at the most unsuspected times.

Mya White

Savannah '22

Scorpio that loves to write. I am a Senior, majoring in Mass Communications with a minor in english at the illustrious Savannah State University.