The Faith Walk: Facing and Enduring Hardship

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Savannah chapter.

You all know the basis of my writing structure by now if you’ve read previous content :) Feel free to read the scripture I have included on your own time.

The revelation of this message can be found in the book of St. John 9:1-7.

This chapter of John 9 examines how God is able to do exceedingly and abundantly above all everything we think or ask. God is shown to have healed a blind man in this chapter and SENT him to wash in the Pool of Siloam.

Pool of Siloam: “Means SENT”

All this is important to know that way we are aware of how God includes us in his plans. This blind man nor his parents sinned yet he was unable to see. However this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him.

Oftentimes we face hardships and we are unaware as to why. As we relate this back to the text, we must understand that it is not in our power. Sometimes we go through things so that God can receive the glory. Sometimes your hardships symbolize that the very foundation in your life is about to break but when you are a believer, you will understand God is in control and in the midst of everything. 

Just like this blind man we must go through some things to be able to receive our healing. These circumstances and situations have to happen. The majority of difficulties stem from the demands of daily living. They serve as teachable moments not only to us but others. God realizes that if he doesn’t shake our lives up here and there then we’ll never feel the call on him. Eventually, if your eyes stay on the hill from which cometh your help then you will see these hardships and tribulations come with both a purpose and a reward.

Liv Carter

Savannah '24

I am Olivia Carter and I attend Thee Illustrious Savannah State University. 🦋 21'-22' HerCampus Writing Coordinator!