This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Savannah chapter.

Anyone born at any time from 1997 to 2015 is considered “generation z”. Generation Z has been the generation in question for quite a while, most likely due to the technological advances that they have had the privilege to navigate through first hand. Although smart phones, streaming services, and easy apps are tied to this generation, they are not the only entities to thank for the progression of Gen Z.

Gen Z is the generation that has seen the shift from older to more advanced technology. This generation has come along with the first iPhones, the first streaming service, and many other technological advances that have continued to become better. This is the same generation that is on it’s way to being the most educated generation.

When it comes to mental health, Gen Z does not hesitate to put other things on hold in the name of self-care. This includes dedicating Sundays to relaxing, leaving toxic environments such as jobs and relationships, and always looking for simple stress relievers. This generation is all about stress-free living. 

Gen Z is also the most socially accepting, taking on a more liberal stance on controversial views. This generation is perfectly fine with not only welcoming, but encouraging change for the better in the world as a whole. 2020 has seen some troubling times, and Gen Z has been one generation in particular that is “loud and proud” when it comes to taking a stance. So, shoutout to Gen Z for making a statement and passing the torch!

I have a lot to say, so I put it in writing 🤎