wellness hero?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
wellness hero?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Her Campus Media
Wellness

Music as a Stress Reliever

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Savannah chapter.

We all know that there are different forms of stress relievers. Some people like to write, some people like to meditate, and others may workout. However, there is another way to relieve stress: listening to music. Music is a form of expression. Certain songs can make you change your mood or it could intensify your current mood. If you’re stressed out about a certain situation, it would be better to listen to some smooth and calming music. Jazz, slow jams, and classical music are great examples of genres that you can listen to. I personally listen to old school R & B music. I listen to artists such as Boyz II Men, Jodeci, and Tevin Campbell. My method is to cut of  my lights, turn up the music, and just lay in my bed and let the music take effect. I start singing along with the songs, and I start to feel better. All of the stress just disappears. To me, music is the best way to express yourself. It gives you a chance to express how you really feel about situations. So, the next time that you’re in a stressful situation, pull out your phone, put on your favorite song, and just jam it out until the stress is gone.

-Brianna Grimble

Brianna Grimble

Savannah '21

Pisces Gang, March Baby, SSU Senior....Life is what you make it, so make every moment count?