Black Girl Beauty Landing Hero Image
Black Girl Beauty Landing Hero Image
Adebusola Abujade / Her Campus Media
Style > Beauty

The Making of the Hair Sensei: RAW and Uncut

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Savannah chapter.

As America is facing controversial issues back to back based on racial profiling it is important to account for all the good the black community provides. The African American community provides many businesses that are helpful to many individuals of society. The spotlight today is on a hair company named RawWigs. This business focuses on selling individual bundles as well as custom wigs for their clients. Also, the newest item introduced to the Raw brand is a natural based growth oil. Not to mention, this is a local business and mostly caters to college students with a heavy client base here at Savannah State University.

The purpose of this business is to provide a sisterhood catering to all women of different shades and sizes. Reminding every woman that they are beautiful in the skin they’re in and they can do any style that makes them feel confident. This is also a business started up by a hard working entrepreneur who continues to want to expand her brand. Her new summer line launched on the RawWigs website and she worked tirelessly in order to provide colors and styles that will provide nothing but confidence. I participated in this shoot and to say the least, Diamond is a true force of nature with a vision.

The CEO of RawWigs is Ms. Diamond Lynn or better known as the “hair sensei” by her clients. She is a young black woman providing a good luxury to other young women. Diamond is a college student on the road to graduation and is only providing bigger and better opportunities for her brand. She shows that there is no limit to your imagination and she cares for your natural hair as well. What more could you ask for from a CEO?

Diamond is nothing if not an inspiration to today’s youth. Becoming an entrepreneur at a young age allowed her to do what she loves and work for herself all at the same time. Carrying on the business outside of her college campus base provides her with new opportunities and she is more than ready to take on the hair scene one install at a time. Celebrating black businesses should be a regular occurrence and today we continue with the sole female owned RawWigs

SUPPORT BLACK OWNED BUSINESSES

Hi, my name is Paris Shatteen. I am an English major passionate about writing catered towards benefiting women empowerment. I am twenty one years old and through this organization I look forward to showing the benefits of sisterhood and show how important writing is to our daily lives. I love what HerCampus has to offer and I look forward to adding my contribution!