This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Savannah chapter.

Many people look at Valentine’s Day as love being in the air but lately that has been an everyday thing to me. Valentine’s Day is that one day out of the year we give a lot of attention to love. For many people that is romantically, platonically, or even a family member. For me this year it has been self-love. I am pretty sure you have heard the term “self-love is the best love”. As cliche as that saying may sound it is the absolute truth. Lately I have been so, in tune with myself I have forgotten about everything else and everyone around me. People probably spent that day on social media wanting what other people have or feeling bad that they do not have their person yet. However, me reshifting my focus on being that person for myself has been such a blessing. I am spending time with myself more, working out, journaling, more self-care, cooking, and doing the things I love. Valentines day for me was nothing more than a self-care day to go to the grocery store, shopping to get some cute little clothes I saw in the store, exfoliate my skin and body, and just relax. Sometimes we as women and even some guys wait until we have our “person” to wait to love ourselves but lately I have been finding so much peace + comfort in just being alone. I am doing this for myself because of course I want to build that better, healthy, and strong relationship with myself but most of all I want to send a message to myself. My living and being happy does not start with a partner or having a relationship. It honestly starts with you, so when you do get into a relationship you will have those healthy habits, and I will know how to keep that relationship with myself. Love is still in the air because everyday we should be dating ourselves whether we are in a relationship or not and romanticizing our life. Does this mean somewhere down the line I might not want a boo? No. But sometimes you have to date you and get off social media. Relationships shouldn’t be just the ethically pleasing thing we want because it looks good on the gram. It takes patience, compromise, and real work. Many people see others’ relationships and what they have going on and start wanting it. Not knowing you never know what is going on behind closed doors. Valentine’s day or not we should love, take care of ourselves, and celebrate ourselves every single day. Love should always be in the air.

Hello everyone! My name is Tho'Mesia Moore but everyone knows me as Mesi. I am a Junior, Political Science major, and I am from a small town name Claxton, GA. Welcome to my blog as I allow you into my mind and world shedding light on the different topics I am passionate about. Happy reading! Follow me on IG: @mooreofmesi Twitter:@mooreofmesi