This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Savannah chapter.

Interviewer,Morgan: Hi HerCampus readers! My name is Morgan Croff and I am the writing coordinator for HerCampus Savannah. I have the pleasure of interviewing the beautiful Aleesa Brantley

Aleesa: Hi Morgan!

Morgan: My first question is what is your name and where are you from?

Aleesa: My name is Aleesa Danielle Brantley and I am from Vidalia GA.

Morgan: What is your favorite thing about your hometown?

Aleesa: Its just a small town. I get the small town feel. I get to be around my family a lot. I have strong relationships with the people at home and in the area. Everyone knows everyone so its very family oriented.

Morgan: Oh okay, I have actually never heard of Vidalia.

Morgan:Why did you choose to attend SSU?

Aleesa: I think if you go here you know SSU is not your first choice by any means. I just chose to go here because it was the best fit for me and it feels like I was meant to be here. I am grateful that I ended up attending this school.

Morgan: What do you like the most about attending a HBCU?

Aleesa: It reminds me of a big family reunion. I know this sounds crazy but I like being around black people (laughs). I love HBCU culture. I have also adopted Savannah State’s history as my own. I take pride in what made the school what it is today.

Morgan: I agree.. SSU was not my first choice at all. (laughs)

Morgan: What is your major and your plans?

Aleesa: My major is biology. I am hoping to become a biological researcher. I also want to go to graduate school for biological researching. As I continue my studies I may become interested in other careers related to biology but as of now I want to just continue with biological research. I plan to research specific topics

Morgan: That’s very interesting

Morgan: When did you begin writing?

Aleesa: My first time writing was in 5th grade. We had to write a poem. I don’t really remember it too much but I know it was inspired by Maya Angelou. I also used to write stories as well. I feel like a lot of people started writing when they were young.

Morgan:How did you find out about HC?

Aleesa: I found out about it on Instagram. I think a girl I followed posted about it. I noticed that the content on the site was very encouraging and uplifting. I knew I wanted to be apart of the organization and blog.

Morgan: How do you want your readers to feel after they read your content?

Aleesa: I hope they feel how I feel. A lot of times when I write, I write to myself. I hope that they are encouraged and they wake up feeling excited about their day. I want them to feel optimistic about their day, their life or even a situation. I just want my content to inspire others the most.

Morgan: I love that and I love your content.

Aleesa: Thank you (smiles)

Morgan: What are your hobbies?

Aleesa: I like to hang with friends, I like to sleep, (laughs). I don’t want it to seem like Im boring

Morgan: No you are fine. I like to do those things too

Aleesa: I also love to eat and cook. I like to listen to music definitely. I listen to music all the time.

Morgan:What is your favorite quote?

Aleesa: “ She stands as one but she comes as 10,000”. This quote is from Maya Angelou.

Morgan: I love that. This is my final question.

Morgan: Where do you see yourself in the next 10 years?

Aleesa: Hopefully I will still be researching with my field of study. Hopefully I will be researching a specific topic as well. I want to have my own home and I want to provide for myself. My biggest goal is to travel… I want to travel and see new things and enjoy life.

Morgan: That was the wonderful Aleesa Brantley and this is HerStory!

Aleesa Brantley

Savannah '22

Biology Major Honors study at Savannah State University ??!! Class of ‘22