pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Graduation Blues

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Savannah chapter.

It’s that time of year again! All across the country students, young and old, are gearing up to walk across the stage to receive their diplomas and embark on their new life journey. From students in grade school all the way to those who will be collecting their PhD’s, these graduates are getting ready to move one step closer to their dream lives. I believe that graduation is a big deal no matter the level, because you never know what it took for someone to accomplish that goal. Sometimes students go through the unthinkable just so they are able to make their lives better through education. 

Although graduation season is usually one of the greatest times of the year, it can also be a very depressing one. Of course not for the graduates, but for those that are around who are patiently waiting for their turn to walk across the stage. This is especially an issue amongst college students. In college society tells you that you have to enter at a certain age and finish at a certain age. What is the ‘college age’? Here at Savannah State it is often suggested that you finish in four years. I’m not saying that is such a terrible thing, but everyone moves at a different pace. What might take your friend four years to accomplish might take you an extra two. And it is not because you are lazy it is because college is not a race it’s a marathon. College is too difficult in the first place without you adding any extra stress on how long it should take you to finish. 

So when we are watching our peers experiencing one of the greatest days of their lives I am telling you do not get yourself down. Your time is right around the corner and then you will be wondering why you ever let yourself feel bad. We often doubt ourselves and the journey ahead based off of what other people are doing in their lives. If this is you, I am here to tell you to forget all about it! There is no sense in wasting your time trying to figure out if everything you have accomplished this far is worth you holding on and going a little further. There is a season and a time for everything and your time to shine is closer than you think. So don’t spend your time worrying. Stop and enjoy every moment of the process because you’ll regret it later.