This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Savannah chapter.

Now, it would not be Valentine’s Day without spending the day with the people who are special to you. Traditionally this holiday is meant to celebrate couples in love, but what about all of my single ladies out there? This year I will be celebrating this holiday with some friends with a sleepover the night before and a girls day the next. It is important to remember that your girls will always be there for you so, why not celebrate them? 

Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching and while it might be too late to snag a date, it is not too late to organize a day to celebrate with friends. A couple of ideas that will get you through the night:

★ Love themed Karaoke: Calling all love songs!! This is not your regular karaoke, or maybe it is. All songs will be under the category of love so, falling in love, break up, and makeup songs are included.

★ Charades: All things Galentine’s Day related!!

★ Valentine’s Cookie Making: Friends gather together to shape and decorate cookies. The winner can win a rose or a box of chocolates.

★ Ring Around the Roses: Disorient the player by spinning them around while blindfolded. Once they are a bit dizzy give them a ring to toss over the rose. Whoever gets the most wins a prize of the teams choosing.

Valentine’s Day should not be a sad occasion for anyone. This day should be one where you can celebrate anyone that you love!

Hi, my name is Paris Shatteen. I am an English major passionate about writing catered towards benefiting women empowerment. I am twenty one years old and through this organization I look forward to showing the benefits of sisterhood and show how important writing is to our daily lives. I love what HerCampus has to offer and I look forward to adding my contribution!