This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Savannah chapter.

There isn’t any brand or industry who has not benefited from black people and that includes luxury brands. Your Gucci, Dior, Prada and my favorite Chanel have all thrived by the influence of black people.  However, these brands still receive backlash for not being inclusive, discriminatory, and not speaking up about issues that are negatively affecting the black community. Racism in fashion still exists and during the 2020 mass protest, it was exemplified more than ever. Here are a list of BLACK OWNED luxury brands made by us and for us. Within the luxury fashion industry, there are many talented black artist and they deserve spotlight and recognition. Check a few out below 

1. Telfar (2005) 
  2. Brother Vellies (2013) 
  3. Grass Fields (2013)
  4. Fenty 
  5. Lionne (2018)
  6. Martine Rose (2015) 
Morgan Croff

Savannah '23

A look inside the mind of a 22 -year-old black girl navigating life.
Aria Brown

Savannah '21

I am from Gainesville, Ga. I have two Associate Degrees. One in Business Administrative Technology and the other one in Accounting from Lanier Technical College. Ever since I was in middle school, I knew I wanted to attend Savannah State University because I had to do a project on a college, and that was my college to research. I knew a few of my family members attended; only knowing Savannah State is a Historically Black College University. Now I am a twenty-eight-year-old senior majoring in Business Management. My goal is to have my own plus size boutique. I am also in the process of starting my own lip gloss line. I will tell anybody it is never too late to go after your dream.