Wellness > Sex + Relationships

5 Things to Do with Your Long-Distance Partner (at a distance) 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Savannah chapter.

by Lauryn Leech

As we all know “ cuddle weather “ is almost over but that doesn’t stop our human nature from wanting a companion. As these Savannah nights get colder than usual with rainy weather. I can only imagine how the individuals with long-distance, off-campus, or back-at-home boo things are feeling right now. I understand the dilemma of going through the cuddle weather with my boo hours away. So here are 5 things to do with your long-distance lover while you’re both far away from each other. 

1. Watch a movie/ show together

A nice 1…2…3…go! In my opinion is a great bonding activity between to long distant partners. It’s nice and simple. It also brings the partners together as they find shows and movies and find a common interest in these films and shows. It’s a classic long-distance date and it helps you both continue to feel close to each other during “cuddle weather” on those slow nights when you and your partner are both free. 

2. Play co-op video games

This suggestion is a very fun online date idea with your special someone. There are a lot of very fun co-op games you and your partner can play together. It’s a fun activity to do with your partner because it allows you both to problem-solve together. 

1. One on one book club 

This suggestion is for the book lovers couples. A personal book club with your partner is a nice thing to do because it gives you both a set time out during the week to talk about the book and how you both feel about the book. This is a good thing because it can be a good tool to make sure y’all have some time y’all both set aside out of your week to bond with one another. 

1. Email each other.

This suggestion might sound crazy, but you must stick to the vision! Two-star cross lovers miles apart sending love letters through Gmail is romantic. This is just something cute and simple you could do with your person to help keep the spark going with sweet messages through email throughout the day when your partner isn’t expecting it. 

1. Go to sleep on the phone. 

This one is so cheesy but so good for the soul. There’s nothing like falling asleep with your partner as silly as it is could feel there’s nothing wrong with propping up your phone while on the phone with your significant other and falling asleep will only bring all of you closer.

I hope these 5 ideas help you and your partner stay connected through the days, months, or years you both may be apart. I know it’s hard but with patience, trust, love, and consistency everything should be okay. 

Lauryn Leech

Savannah '25

My name is Lauryn Leech. I am a Junior at Savannah State University. I am a Mass communications major with a minor in behavioral analysis. I'm from Fayetteville, North Carolina. I love to read, write, and play video games. I am a member of HerCampus Savannah, Timeless Fashion Model Management, Way of Real Discovery, To the Little Black Girl That, and the current Miss Phi Beta Sigma for the 2023-2024 school year.