2020: The Year of Change

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Savannah chapter.

There are only three days left in 2020 and I am filled with a variety of emotions. This year was like no other as we faced many challenges. These challenges seemed like they were never ending but many still persevered. This year has taught us about ourselves, our relationships, and our passions. But I think it has mostly taught us about the concept of change. We have all experienced it but this year it just seemed more prevalent. Covid 19 changed how we live and interact with others. We have to wear mask, sanitize areas more often, social distance, and stay home. Everything is just so different. Our beloved communities have changed as many businesses and familiar places closed due to the pandemic. We have seen change in leadership as we have elected a new president. While we have experienced change this year, we have also fought for more change. A remarkable example of this was the global response to police brutality and racial injustice in America this year. There have been so many changes this year big and small. However, these changes have taught us that we are more adaptive than we think. We have deemed certain things as “a new normal” to adjust.It shows us that we cannot always control what happens, but we can control how we respond. Change is hard and difficult to accept, but it is the only way to grow. So here’s to 2020, the year of change!

I wonder what 2021 has in store. 

-Morgan C. 

Morgan Croff

Savannah '23

A look inside the mind of a 22 -year-old black girl navigating life.