This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Maskne is bad enough as it is, but with the coming cold weather days approaching for good we’re in for an interesting cold weather season. 

Here are a few tips and products you should try for that under-the-mask care you can do daily:

1: Hydrocolloid Acne patches

If you have oily skin, I reccomend wearing hydrocolloid acne patches that can easily be found at Target or Walmart. Pop some on over your blemish after washing you face in the morning, slip that mask on and there ya go! All day oil absorbtion! I LOVE these patches and even wear them under my mask during the day! 

Her Campus Media

2: Extra Moisturizing Cream

With the cold always come cracked skin. Try to moisturize those areas you know are about to get dry from the humidity of your breath under that mask like the tip of your nose! It’s always important to moisturize but with the added mask it will be SUPER important to watch out for our skin!

Sephora

3: Wash Your Face Regularly 

We should already be washing our faces morning and night, just really remember now you have an oil catcher on our face almost all day! Find a nice simple daily cleanser that won’t strip your face of oil daily to try and minimize drying out the skin and creating more spots. 

Genessee Floressantos

Keep these simple steps in mind when taking care of your skin under the mask and you’ll leave this pandemic with better skin than ever :)

#wearthemasknotthemaskne

History nerd. Tennis Player. Avid caffeine drinker
Her Campus at SAU