alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Why Paris Should Be On Your Bucket List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Ah, the city of lights. There is a lot of talk about the city of Paris, some love it, hate it, or have indifferent feelings. How ever you end up feeling about Paris, I think it’s a place you need to visit at least once in your life, and here’s why: 

1. The Shopping 

The shopping in Paris is like no other, full of high-end boutiques, even just regular boutiques that you’ll only see in Paris. Some things are a little pricier, so start saving now to do some amazing shopping. This picture was taken on the Avenue of Champ Elysees, which is full of high-end stores like Louis Vuitton, Guerlain, Swarovski and Sephora (just to name a few). But, this is not the only main place to shop. I would highly recommend the Galleries Lafayette, which does have high-end designers, but that’s not all, there are affordable things which is what college students like to hear. 

2. The Sights 

Between the Eiffel Tower, Pont de Arts and so many more extravagant places, your head will constantly be turning trying to capture the next beautiful sight you’ll see in Paris. 

3. History 

I loved the history of visiting the Palace of Versailles, which is one of the many historical buildings in France. It was absolutely breath taking and seeing the hall of mirrors (where the treaty of Versailles was signed) also took my breath away! This palace is a must, especially for you history lovers. 

4. Religious Buildings 

No matter your religious beliefs, the religious buildings in Paris was beautiful. I only went to Notre Dame, the French gothic cathedral. Notre Dame was huge and beautiful. 

5. Food 

Croissants, macaroons, baguettes and cheese, oh my. The food IS Paris, so fresh and delicious. The food here is very very rich. Although, be prepared to take a post meal nap. 

croissant photo | All other photos courtesy of Eva Latz 

.
Her Campus at SAU