What To Do During Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

The semester is almost over and the workload is lessening every hour. There’s still studying to be done for finals, but for many of us, the last week of school is simple and easy. There’s a lot of downtime. We’re written our papers, brushed up on material from September, and some of our classes don’t even require that we show up during the designated final time.

What do we even do with ourselves now?

When you’re done studying and solidly on your way toward catching up on all the sleep college has deprived you of, you can spend your downtime hanging out with your roommates and friends. Catch up on your favorite television show, watch a movie or have a marathon. Make it a theme! You can cuddle on the futon watching Christmas movies, romantic comedies, or any selection from the weird categories Netflix offers you. Movies are relaxing, fun, and let your brain take a break. And if you want to get out of your room, go out and see a movie. Award season is approaching, and it never hurts to start preparing now.

Other ways to get up and get out include ice skating, Christmas shopping, seeing a band perform, laser tag or bowling.  And if Jack Frost allows it to snow, you can build a snowman, have a snowball fight, or just walk around campus enjoying how peaceful and serene it is when everything is covered in a blanket of white.

If you want to stay in you can always get some baking done. There are holiday cookies and treats to be made, and you can  never have too many. Baked goods are always a big hit with friends and family. But if you want something easy and just for you—and perhaps for your movie night—there’s always brownie-in-a-mug:

Ingredients:

4 Tablespoons Flour
4 Tablespoons Sugar
2 Tablespoons Cocoa powder
2 Tablepsoons Vegetable Oil
2 Tablespoons Water
Dash of salt

Mix all the ingredients together thoroughly, microwave for about a minute, and enjoy!

When you’re all baked out you can cut up paper snowflakes to hang in your windows and around your dorm room, paints your nails, read a book, dance around your room to Christmas tunes, or have a holiday party with  your friends—exchange gifts, have dinner, play a board game, and enjoy each other’s company before you leave Ambrose for a month.

Whatever you do, make sure you enjoy your last week at school in 2012. Relax and pat yourself on the back for all the work you’ve put in. You’ve gotten through another semester, and that’s no small accomplishment. 

Her Campus at SAU