Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Ways to Celebrate Love on Valentine’s Day When You’re Single

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Last year around this time I was in a very strong relationship, but this year is slightly different for me. I will be celebrating Valentine’s Day alone this year. But Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to be dreadful for the single girl, this should be a day to celebrate the love you have for your friends, and the love you have for yourself. 

In this past year I have learned a lot about self-love and the effect it has on one’s mental health. I learned this lesson after going through a breakup last March. I learned that I am so much stronger than I could have imagined and that sometimes loving oneself is the most important thing. It took me another breakup to fully understand the full effect that self-love can have on a situation. I was able to recover from the second breakup much faster than before because I had a deep love for myself. So, I think it is important this Valentine’s Day to celebrate that love I have for myself and some of my best friends.

Her Campus Media

I was planning to take Valentine’s Day as a me day. I want to try and get all my homework done the day before so that night can be relaxing. I also plan to spoil myself a little bit by getting dinner with my two best friends, who both happen to be single, and then have a girls night. Girls night wouldn’t be complete without a face mask, a movie, and some ice cream. I feel like doing this will let me refocus and remember that even though I’m not in a relationship I am surrounded by people who love me. I also want to take the time to appreciate the things that I love about myself and forget about any insecurities. 

Wine with Galentine\'s Day cards flatlay
Uby Yanes

I hope this give you some ideas on how to celebrate a holiday based around relationships without being in a relationship. <3

Major~Biology and Psychology Dream job~Occupational therapist with kiddos College athlete Music,Dog,Book and Food Lover Fun Fact~I LOVE hiking and anything involving nature!!