This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

**Disclaimer: Due to new HC copyright rules, I am not able to post photos of my fave red carpet looks (sad face). Instead, I have included links to the photos!)**

The Oscars this year did not disappoint. There was a lot of excitement and rightfully-deserved awards. Although I didn’t see a lot of the movies, I did see the red carpet looks… which were impeccable! Here were my top faves:

kimmy schmit tv gif
Netflix / Giphy

10. Timothée Chalamet

Timothée wore a casual navy blue suit by Prada. The material was silky and he wore a Cartier ruby and crystal broach on his upper left pocket. He also wore black shiny shoes and his hair was gelled and slicked back. This look was sleek and he looked adorable.

Photo: Timothée Chalamet: Vogue

Little Women Scene
Giphy

9. Mindy Kaling

Mindy wore a floor length Dolce and Gabbana gown. The dress was a true yellow with a sweetheart neckline and single strap on her right arm. She also wore a sparkly Choppard necklace. 

Photo: Mindy Kaling: Vogue

8. Idina Menzel

My favorite look from Idina wasn’t from the red carpet, it was the dress she wore when she performed “Into the Unknown”. She wore a white, sleeveless J Mendel gown that was absolutely breataking. 

Photo: Idina Menzel: Vogue

7. Rami Malek

Rami was wearing an all black Saint Laurent suit and bow tie. Although this look was simple, I loved it. It was classic and sophisticated. His lapels had a matte finish and a shade lighter, which I thought looked great. He accessorized with a Cartier watch. 

Photo: Rami Malek: Vogue

Meryl Streep Yes Gif
Giphy

6. Charlize Theron

This look gives me Old Hollywood vibes. Charlize wore a black Dior gown with a rather long train and a thigh high slit on her left leg. The dress had one sleeve fashionably draped down and the other stayed up. She wore strappy black heels and a simple diamond necklace. 

Photo: Charlize Theron: Vogue

5. Margot Robbie

Margot wore a simple chiffon Chanel dress. This dress was strapless, but had straps on either arm at her bicep. The straps had bows and long chiffon tails. In the center of the bodice, the dress had a large blue gem. This piece had a gold tassle that hung. She also wore a bold red lip that accented her look perfectly.

Photo: Margot Robbie: Vogue

4. Janelle Monáe

Janelle had a beautiful sparkly gown by Ralph Lauren that covered her from head to toe (literally!) She had a sparkly head scarf/ head piece that was just as glittery and beautiful. She was easy to spot when in the audience and I couldn’t take my eyes off of her! So gorgeous. 

Photo: Janelle Monáe: Vogue

3. Sandra O

Sandra O worked the red carpet in a nude Elie Saab gown. This dress had the perfect balance of fluff and sparkle. She accessorized with Pomellato jewelry. This dress was magnificent. 

Photo: Sandra O: Vogue

2. Natalie Portman

Friends Excited
Giphy

The dress Natalie Portman wore was amazing for many reasons, but the reason it’s so high on my list is because of the embroidery on her cape. She wore a custom Dior cape with all of the names of the female directors that were not nominated for Oscars (Lulu Wang, Greta Gerwig, Lorene Scarfia, Melina Matsoukas, Alma Har’el, and many others). This floor length gown had shimmery gold accents and a sheer layer going all the way up into a high neckline. She accesorized with Cartier jewelry. Yes queen!!

Photo: Natalie Portman: Vogue

1. Brie Larson

Cardi Okurrrr
Giphy

Brie Larson looked absolutely A-MA-ZING. This was my favorite look because she looked fierce and sophisticated while also looking feminine and dainty. She wore a blush gown by Celine that was encrusted with vertical rows of crystals. The dress was tastefully low cut and it had a cape aspect that covered her arms and was the same length as her dress. Her hair was slicked back into a low bun, she wore strappy blush sandals, and accesorized with Bulgari jewelry. 

Photo: Brie Larson: Vogue

Lydia Trimble is studying Public Relations and Strategic Communication with minors in Marketing and Psychology. Lydia's interests outside of school include food & wine, mixology, and good television. Instagram @lydiatrimble Twitter @lydiatrimble23
Her Campus at SAU