Tips for An Oscar Viewing Party

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Some people like to associate the month of February with Valentine’s Day, but for me, it is the month of the Oscars. It’s the best time of year to watch some of the best nominated films as they are released, or try to cram them all in, and see if your favorites win. If you’re like me, you love the Oscars just as much as the next person. So, here are some tips to have the best viewing party, even inside a dorm room!

1. Decorations

• If you want to go all out you can go to Michael’s where there are plenty of Oscar decorations. But, if you’re a broke college student and you’re balling on a budget, you’re gonna want to DIY this. There are plenty of printables for Oscar awards, and other old Hollywood decorations. Also, if you have some red construction paper lying around, you have found yourself an easy DIY red carpet.

2. Games for Your Guests

3. Food!

• If you have time, there are a lot of fun things you can do with food. Suit-like chocolate covered strawberries, or cute cupcakes with the award on top are simple and delicious. But, if you’re already stressing about other things, just pop a few bags of popcorn and call it a night.

So, have fun with your friends, and may the best films win! 

All photos from Pinterest.  

.
Her Campus at SAU