This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Any Future education majors out there? I got a short list of things you can start collecting now to help your room be a success and to save you money later.

1. A planner: Keep track of meetings with parents/families, days off, half days, teacher in service and important meetings so you don’t forget a thing. 

2. Cleaning supplies(Antibacterial wipes, hand sanitizer, paper towels, etc): Your classroom won’t be a blank slate for long. With children come germs, so you’ll want to have wipes handy to keep you and your students healthy, especially during cold and flu season.

3. Pens and Pencils: An ample supply of pens and pencils are a must for any classroom. You never know how fast your kiddos are going to zoom through the 2 they keep in their desk. 

fancy pens?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
Amazon

4. Storage: Storage bins, shelves, and tubs are the perfect way to organize. Everything will need a home and it helps keep your room less chaotic. 

5. Stickers: Keep these handy in your desk to place on tests or homework, or to give directly to students for a job well done. Keep them for all different holidays and successes so you have something for all times of the year. 

6. Grade Book: Stay on top of your student’s grades by using a grade book. An easy way to spot patterns or trends in increasing or falling grades. Everything will be in one place so you don’t need to bring everything home. 

7. Post-it Notes: You can use them to write notes or they can be useful for games with your students. 

8. File Folders: Keep all your files for different subjects in a file folder. This means you can easily access the necessary materials when you need them.

9. Kid Books: Give time for your students to read and a great way to do this is by having a little library for them in the room. 

10. Caddies: If you have tables instead of desks for little ones the table can share supplies. These are perfect for keeping arts and crafts items organized into one space. 

11. Snacks: You never know when you may need it or a student whether it be a medical reason or a family situation/need. \

Anna Schultz-Girl Smiling With Arms Full Of Food
Anna Schultz / Her Campus

12. Post-it Easel Pad: The easel pad is perfect for sticking up posters around your classroom. The glue will not rip pages or leave sticky stuff on your walls.

13. Educational Games: These can cover the areas you are working on with the kids but in a more approachable and fun way rather than having this only listen to you talk.

Veronica A(V) is the Campus Correspondent at HC @ SAU. She oversees the entire chapter including editorial, events, social media, etc. Beyond HC, V is involved on campus. She is the President of DAPi. She is the Social Media Director for SAAT, and a Sexual Assault Advocate. Veronica is majoring in Early Childhood Education with an endorsement in Special Education and a minor in Music. She is currently student teaching!!! In her freetime, V plays the flute and other instruments and can sing. She used to play and coach softball. Veronica was born in Florida but now lives in Illinois. She also has 2 cats at home. She was the D.E.I. Ambassador for 2 years.