This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Quercus, established in 1992, is the creative arts journal that publishes the writing, artwork, audio, and visuals created by the SAU community- students, faculty, staff, and alumni.

In the evening of Wednesday, April 24, we hosted our annual release event in the Galvin Fine Arts Center. The art reception was held in the main lobby, and the setup was absolutely stunning with even more beautiful artwork. This year’s art submissions blew me away and it was such an honor to see each piece in person. Following the art reception, there was a live reading in the newly renovated Studio Theater to showcase the writers featured in this issue of Quercus. It’s always so special to hear the reading of a piece in the way that the author intends it to be read.

The thirty-third issue of Quercus was released on our website, sauquercus.com, on May 1st. Go check it out!

Kirsten is an editor at HC@SAU. Beyond HC, Kirsten is involved on campus with the Quercus social media and editorial teams. She plans to attend St. Ambrose University to pursue her master's degree in Speech-Language Pathology. Kirsten is majoring in Psychology with a minor in Communication Sciences and Disorders. In her free time, Kirsten likes to write poetry, play disc golf, and try out family-owned restaurants! A fun fact about Kirsten is that she loves whale sharks.