My Mt. Rushmore of Romcoms

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days

Another love that starts as a bet and turns into something real- it doesn’t get much better than that. This movie has the iconic yellow dress that has been making a comeback in today’s fashion world and the softest kiss scene I’ve ever seen in film. If you don’t like this movie, one might say, “you’re so vain.”

The Proposal

Ryan Reynolds and Sandra Bullock in one movie is all that I could ever ask for in the film world. Set in New York and Alaska, the watcher gets the feel of meeting a significant other’s family for the first time. Plus, you get some Betty White action!

10 Things I Hate About You

Truly a classic. Is any explanation really necessary? A deal is pulling an older sister into the dating world so her younger sister, stuck in a love triangle, can date. It’s the source of a popular poetry reading scene that most people have heard and some know by heart.

Sixteen CandlesA display of some of the realities of high school, a teen spends her entire sixteenth birthday without it being acknowledged. It explores adolescent crushes and how those are addressed, even in the cringiest ways. If you are a fan of movies from the 80’s, this one has to go on your watchlist!

Kirsten is an editor at HC@SAU. Beyond HC, Kirsten is involved on campus with the Quercus social media and editorial teams. She plans to attend St. Ambrose University to pursue her master's degree in Speech-Language Pathology. Kirsten is majoring in Psychology with a minor in Communication Sciences and Disorders. In her free time, Kirsten likes to write poetry, play disc golf, and try out family-owned restaurants! A fun fact about Kirsten is that she loves whale sharks.