This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

During Women’s History Month I believe it is important to recognize the executive board of our chapter for all the amazing work they do and to introduce them as our chapter could not function without each one of them. Each one of them plays a role in our chapter to help it succeed and run smoothly. These ladies are part of the reason that I love being a part of Her Campus. It takes a lot of people to help our chapter to be connected and run at a Diamond level while being such a small chapter/school. Our chapter this year has the quote “Empowered Woman, Inspire Others” and you can see this with each executive member.

Veronica Alfred

Veronica with HC Banner
Original photo by Maddie Piper

My name is Veronica and I am the Campus Correspondent for our chapter of HC. I have been the CC for two years and before that I was the event coordinator. I am majoring in Early Childhood Education with an endorsement in Special Education and a minor in Music. I am a four year member with three years on the executive board. I also work two jobs on campus. I work for student activities but I am the D.E.I. Ambassador which I absolutely love. I am also a member of DAPi. The other club that I am very involved in is SAAT(Sexual Assault Awareness Team). My role in this organization is the Director of Social Media and I am a Sexual Assault Advocate. I can also proudly say I am a first generation college student in my family.

Elena Vallejo

Elena Photo
Original photo by Veronica Alfred

Elena is our Director of Community Engagement. She is also an intern for our chapter this semester. She is majoring in Early Childhood Education with an endorsement in Special Education and a minor theater and writing. Elena is a second year member with this being her first year on the executive board. She is also on the executive board of TAC(Theater Appreciation Club). Elena can be found always helping at events either running them or taking photos. Elena is a beautiful personality but she also has a heart of gold. Something that always makes me smile or laugh around her is that she will also carry 3-4 books in her backpack to just free read. She is such a bookworm.

Cassie Sprout

Cassie spring 22 shoot
Original photo by Veronica Alfred

Cassie is our Senior Editor so she runs our editorial team. She is majoring in Secondary English with an endorsement in ESL. Cassie is a second year member with this being her second year on the executive board. She joined in the fall last year and then in the spring was asked to join the editorial team to fill an open position that we had. Cassie is also on the Softball team here with her position being an outfielder on the team. Cassie is such a kind personality with a heart of gold. She works incredibly hard and I can’t wait to see how that transfers into her future classroom.

Julia Fogleman

HC Member photo: Julia Fogleman
Original photo by Veronica Alfred

Julia is our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Representative. She is majoring in Forensic Psychology. Julia is a first year member and this is her first semester in the DEI Rep executive position. She is also incredibly involved on campus in multiple other clubs. She is a member of PRISM(Promoting Respect in Sexual Minorities), along with SAAT. In SAAT she is the D.E.I. Rep but also our Secretary. She is also a Sexual Assault Advocate. Julia is a student athlete on top of everything else. She plays Golf at SAU. Julia is not afraid to use her voice and to speak out for those who have been wronged. She is a strong willed and independent woman. She also has the biggest heart and can be a great support system. Julia is truly living this year’s quote as she is empowered and she does inspire others like myself.  

McKennah Killian

McKennah spring 22 shoot
Original photo by Veronica Alfred

McKennah is our Director of Social Media & PR/Marketing. She is majoring in Nursing with minors in Biology and Psychology. McKennah is a second year member with this being her second executive position. Last spring she was our D.E.I. Representative and this year running the social media team. She is also involved very heavily in Dance Marathon along with the Nursing club/organization on campus. McKennah is such a fun and bubbly person. She always has a smile on her face and kind words to say. She is beautiful on the inside and outside. 

Maddie Piper

Maddie spring 22 shoot
Original photo by Elena Vallejo

Maddie is on our Social Media Team. She is majoring in Chemistry with a minor in Math. Maddie is a second year member with this being her first year on the social media team. She is also on the Swimming Team. Maddie is an absolute queen. She is the hardest worker I have ever seen. She is always the first one to volunteer to help when it is needed and never misses anything even with her crazy schedule. She is the queen of our TikTok with her fun and interactive videos. Her hobby right now is crocheting and the ideas that she makes like animals and clothing is unbelievable. She is a female in a male dominated area and she is thriving. We are so proud of her as a chapter and she inspires me to do my best to help future children succeed in the STEM field. 

Abby Meier

Abby fall 22 shoot
Original photo by Veronica Alfred

Abby is on our Editorial team. She is majoring in Human Performance and Fitness. Abby is a second year member with this being her first year of the editorial team.  Abby never misses the chance to bring our favorite HCC Bunny to meetings when she is able. She is super sweet and helpful. She is a ball of joy and always ready to laugh with you when you need a smile. 

Kayla Devine

Kayla Selfie
Original photo by Kayla Devine

Kayla is on our Social Media Team. She is majoring in Business Management and Marketing with minors in Communication and Art History. Kayla is a first year member for both our club and on the social media team. She is also on the Bowling Team. Kayla is a sweet girl that is also rocking our Tik Tok with fun and silly videos. 

Katie Stock

Katie photo
Original photo by Veronica Alfred

Katie is on our Editorial Team. She is majoring in Forensic Psychology with the CRJU Masters’ Program at SAU. This is a 4 +1 Program. Katie is a four year member with this being her first semester on our editorial team. Katie is a first generation college student. She is a student that is hard working but also has a smile most of the time. She is a great person to have around and help out. She is always there when I need a hand with events. 

Lindsey Greer

Lindsey winter 22 shoot
Original photo by Elena Vallejo

Lindsey is on our Events Board. She is majoring in Sociology and Criminal Justice with a minor in Pre Law.  Lindsey is a three year member with this being her first year on the events team. She is also involved in SAAT. Lindsey is a first generation college student. She is a fun personality and always has a smile. No matter what life has thrown at her she still keeps getting back up. 

Veronica A(V) is the Campus Correspondent at HC @ SAU. She oversees the entire chapter including editorial, events, social media, etc. Beyond HC, V is involved on campus. She is the President of DAPi. She is the Social Media Director for SAAT, and a Sexual Assault Advocate. Veronica is majoring in Early Childhood Education with an endorsement in Special Education and a minor in Music. She is currently student teaching!!! In her freetime, V plays the flute and other instruments and can sing. She used to play and coach softball. Veronica was born in Florida but now lives in Illinois. She also has 2 cats at home. She was the D.E.I. Ambassador for 2 years.