Ten Albums Released in 2017 that You Need to Add to Your Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

10. Red Pill Blues, Maroon 5

This is Maroon 5’s sixth studio album. Its lead single off the album is “What Lovers Do” featuring SZA. This album is a fresher and freer sound for the pop-rock band. Frontman Adam Levine shows off his remarkable vocal talent on songs like “Help Me Out.” This album is definitely worth a few listens.

9. Younger Now, Miley Cyrus

Miley Cyrus’s sixth album marks her next phase. On this album Cyrus returns to her Tennessee roots. This album includes hit singles “Malibu and title track “Younger Now.” A perfect blend of country and pop this album has something for listeners to enjoy.

8. DAMN, Kendrick Lamar

On his fourth album, Lamar proves no one commands the conversation quite like he does. DAMN is a blunt and straight to the point, with no topic too big for him to tackle. With Grammy nominations for record of the year and album of the year, I would say it is worth a listen.

7. Tell Me You Love Me, Demi Lovato

Demi Lovato’s sixth album almost did not get made. She took a break from music in 2016, but glad she did not. Tell Me You Love Me is a pop force that showcases Lovato’s vocal talent and strength. This album includes hit “Sorry Not Sorry” and many other songs that make you want to get up dance.

The Thrill of It All, Sam Smith

On Sam Smith’s sophomore album he once again proves that his voice is impressive as ever. Smith’s second album features the hit track “Too Good At Goodbyes.” A diary-like that reads like a book of confession is most definitely worth the listen.

5. Divide, Ed Sheeran

Sheeran’s third studio album proves once again the full range of his powers. Sheeran is a singer/songwriter who clearly knows how to write a song that will top the charts. A blend of several different styles, you are almost guaranteed to find a song you will love.

4. Unapologetically, Kelsea Ballerini

Kelsea returns this year with her sophomore album about rebounding from breakups and the uncertainty of adolescence. On this album, you can find hit singles “Legends” and title track “Unapologetically.” If you need a song to help you get through a recent breakup this album is just what you need.

3. Meaning of Life, Kelly Clarkson

American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson is back with her eighth album. This album shows off her her vocal strength and range like never before. Featuring hit track “Love So Soft.” Clarkson trades her signature hook laden pop-rock for soul.

2. Texoma Shake, Blake Shelton

Blake Shelton dropped his eleventh album this fall. This album is billed as a nostalgic tribute to his birth state Oklahoma. Shelton’s charm is on full display in his latest album. One thing that stands out for this album is that it has that grounded down-to-earth sound that everyone knows and loves about Shelton’s music.

1.  Reputation, Taylor Swift

On her much anticipated sixth studio album Swift slams those who tarnished her reputation and shows them she is “doing better than she ever was.” This album is a full-scale artistic transformation for Taylor Swift, which is clearly displayed on the album’s lead single “Look What You Made Me Do.” This is her boldest statement yet and will have you singing along instantly.

**all images courtesy of google

**Cover Photo by Mark Solarski on Unsplash

Her Campus at SAU