Money 29 micheile henderson ZVprbBmT8QA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Money 29 micheile henderson ZVprbBmT8QA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Career

Student ID – Your Ultimate Money Saver

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

As a high school student, I was always told of the magical quality of a college student ID. So many discounts online and in-store that you could get by showing a little card or verifying your college student status. So I decided to go find all the discounts and more for myself and fellow broke college kids. I’m going to list the big independent ones first and then the ones tied to an app. Just as a reminder: it never hurts to ask about student ID discounts when you shop.

Amazon Prime

You get half off a prime membership and first six months free

Spotify Premium + Hulu

Get half off of a Spotify premium membership plus Hulu included.

UNiDAYS

This is an app that you can sign up for as long as you are a student. Below is the list of all the places you can get a discount through UNiDAYS. As an added bonus if you follow a brand and keep up to date you can enter giveaways through the app. I have used them and highly recommend them.

Student Beans

This is another app and website that if you register your student email with you can receive exclusive discounts and codes on everything from airfare for spring break to school supplies.

Retail Discounts:

• Aeropostale: 15% off in-store

• Banana Republic: 15% off online

• J. Crew: 15% off in-store

• Francesca’s 10% off in-store

• Goodwill: 10% off in-store (exclusions apply check your local branch for details)

• Champion and Hanes: 10% off for enrolled students online

• Kate Spade: 15% off online

• Madewell: 15% off in-store

• Nike: 10% off online when you submit your student email

• Salvation Army: 15% off in-store (exclusions apply see in store for details)

• TOMS: 10% off online

• Topshop: 10% off online

• Under Armour: 10% off online

• Vineyard Vines: 15% off in-store

• Sigma: 10% off online

• JOANNE fabrics: 20% off in-store

• Overstock.com: Students get Club O Membership for free! This includes free shipping, 5% in rewards dollars, extra rewards up to 40%.

• PBTeen: 15% off with ID in-store or .edu email online

• Sam’s Club: Enjoy a $25 gift card when you sign up for a Sam’s Club collegiate membership ($45).

Food and Drink

• Arby’s: 10% off with ID

• Burger King: 10% off

• Chick-fil-a: free small drink with purchase

• Chipotle: free small drink with purchase

• Dairy Queen: 10% off at participating locations

• Qdoba: free small drink with purchase

• TCBY: 15% off 

• Waffle House: 10% off your bill

Social work and psych student going to grad school(send help) Gryffindor, Demigod, and reader of all the YA I can. Zodiac: Scorpio Fave flower: Snapdragon Fave color: Purple Fun Fact: I saw Pentatonix (2017) and Panic! at the Disco(2018) twice in one year
Her Campus at SAU