Stinger Style: 3 Outfits You’ll Thank After Thanksgiving Dinner

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Thanksgiving is just around the corner! Bring on the mountain of mash potatoes and endless gravy! Nothing like stuffing your face so much, you need to unbutton your pants for dessert. But no fear, here are three fool-proof outfits that can handle any Thanksgiving feast! So don’t worry about unzipping those pants from a full belly, now you can eat the best while you look your best! 

The “Casual” Dinner

If your family plans to keep this Thanksgiving low-key where sweats or pjs may suffice, don’t let comfort ruin your style! Opt for joggers. It’s a great alternative to sweats because it’s just as comfy, but add that “effortless style” flare. What’s better? They STRETCH! Pesky bloating from glorious turkey and stuffing is no match for elastic waistbands! For a casual look, consider a basic top and do a half-tuck. If it’s chilly, add some layers or a sweater. You won’t be sacrificing comfort or style in this winning combo for this Thanksgiving!

The “Traditional” Dinner

Traditional dinners can be different for everyone, but usually this means you are expected to look nice, but nothing too over the top. To enjoy a full course dinner, or even two, consider leggings. We all know the flexibility of this piece in our closet. They can be casual enough for class and sleek enough for going out. Pluuuuus, they are so comfy! Have you ever had an issue with your leggings being too tight after a bomb meal? So depending on what your family is expecting of you, pair your leggings with a cute button up or stylish sweater! If you need to look even dressier, try faux leather leggings. A stylish sweater and leather leggings combo doesn’t skimp on comfort or style!

The “Fancy” Dinner

This year’s Thanksgiving dinner is fancy, so what do you wear that allows your tummy to relax in all its glory? Try a shift dress! This dress doesn’t hug the waist, but definitely is feminine and perfect for formal occasions! To dress it up, add a statement necklace and booties. You’ll instantly look glam, but totally prepared for post-dinner food baby too. Laugh all you want, but you know it’s true! A shift dress is an ideal piece to have in your arsenal for an easy-glam look, so give it a try this Thanksgiving!

So whether your Thanksgiving is casual, traditional, or fancy, here are three outfits that you can rock knowing you won’t be sacrificing comfort for style. More importantly, all of these outfits won’t put you in the position of unbuttoning your pants for that second piece of pumpkin pie! But whatever you choose to wear, remember that Thanksgiving is more than just the food or an event to attend. Thanksgiving is about giving thanks. There is always something to be thankful for.

Be thankful & grateful.

Have a great Thanksgiving, Bees! 

All Photos Courtesy of Pinterest

Her Campus at SAU