This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Many of us figured out how to stay sane during the first 6 months of quarantine, but I don’t think many of us have considered what to do if we have to quarantine at school. I just started my two-week quarantine on Monday but my release date seems far-far away.  So, I have thought a lot about how I am going to stay sane during this time. It is especially important to consider we are in our last 5 weeks of the semester so stuff is picking up. Some things I am thinking about doing this quarantine are simple and have helped me out before.

One of the first things I am going to do this quarantine is keep a routine. This is a big one, by keeping a routine you are able to maintain some normalcy. The ways I want to maintain a routine is by waking up by the same time each day, which is important too because I still have to attend classes online. The second way I am going to maintain a schedule is by trying to eat lunch and dinner around the same times. This will not only provide some structure to the day but it will also remind me to eat. The last big thing I want to do is set a period of time that I will do homework during. This way I do not do homework all day and burn myself out.

The next thing I want to do to stay sane during quarantine is watching funny movies and tv shows. I am currently watching Key and Peele, Seinfeld, and I am finally getting into the Game of Thrones world. The movies I am watching/planning to watch are Good Will Hunting, The Half of It, The Addams Family, and any type of Halloween movie. This is important to keep my moral up and keep the atmosphere in my room chill and still relaxing.

Woman in White Bed Holding Remote Control While Eating Popcorn
Photo by JESHOOTS.com from Pexels

The last thing I want to do to stay sane during quarantine is workout once a day. When you are in quarantine you are allowed to go on walks/runs alone and I plan to utilize that. I already went on a run today and I plan to do that every day. This way I can stay in shape for my season, get fresh air, and do something I feel good about. While every workout might not be the best in my mind something is better than nothing. The other workout ideas I have are ab workouts, HIIT workouts that I did this summer, and I might even do a Chloe Ting workout.

Sitting down and writing this actually made me realize all the things I want to do during quarantine. I hope that this article gives some ideas to other people in quarantine. Remember that reaching out to your friends in this time is super important too, even though you are stuck in your room it doesn’t mean you have to completely isolate yourself. I hope everyone stays healthy, remember your mask, and social distance.

Major~Biology and Psychology Dream job~Occupational therapist with kiddos College athlete Music,Dog,Book and Food Lover Fun Fact~I LOVE hiking and anything involving nature!!
Her Campus at SAU