Wellness

Staying Healthy After COVID

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

We are no longer wearing masks, cleaning, scared, nervous, stressed, having hybrid or online classes. I understand how stressful this can be and just want to give you some tips to make you feel better prepared at the end of the day. Here are some tips to help you through this crazy time back at school during this pandemic.

1. Wear Masks if your sick

I know that they may not be comfortable or something we want to do but it is something we should do to protect ourselves and the ones we love. There are many kinds of masks out there so find some you are more comfortable in. If you want to, get a few cute or fun designs to make it a little more fun to wear.

2. Wash Masks

You should wear a mask once before you wash it or throw it away. A dirty or overused mask won’t do much to help you.

3. Wash Hands or Use Hand Sanitizer Often

You should wash your hands after using the bathroom but also now you should clean them after touching shared surfaces or surfaces that are frequently touched. I always carry hand sanitizer on my backpack or in my bag so I can use it whenever I can’t get soap and water right away.

4. Clean Frequently Touched Surfaces

We wipe down surfaces that are touched often such as door knobs, card scanners, bathroom sink and handle, desk drawers, dressers, fridge, microwave buttons, TV remotes, etc. We either use a spray or a wet wipe depending on what the surface is.

5. Disinfect Shared Areas

I live in an apartment with 2 girls and we share a bathroom, shower room, kitchen and living room but have our own bedrooms. Even with housekeeping cleaning the bathroom weekly, we tend to disinfect this shared when we are sick way more often.

6. Take Vitamins

I take Emergen-C gummy vitamins daily on top of my normal vitamins but I also start every morning with a bottle of water that has the Emergen-C drink mix in it.

7. Stay Home

If you aren’t feeling well, stay home and away from others. It doesn’t matter if you think it is a common cold or just allergies we need to care for others and they need to do the same for us.

I know that sometimes we don’t want to follow the rules or just go out and have fun but we need to do what we can so we can stay stay healthy. Let’s do what we can know so we don’t have to start all over again in this process.

Veronica A(V) is the Campus Correspondent at HC @ SAU. She oversees the entire chapter including editorial, events, social media, etc. Beyond HC, V is involved on campus. She is the President of DAPi. She is the Social Media Director for SAAT, and a Sexual Assault Advocate. Veronica is majoring in Early Childhood Education with an endorsement in Special Education and a minor in Music. She is currently student teaching!!! In her freetime, V plays the flute and other instruments and can sing. She used to play and coach softball. Veronica was born in Florida but now lives in Illinois. She also has 2 cats at home. She was the D.E.I. Ambassador for 2 years.