SAU Puts Another Homecoming Week in the Books

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

The Saturday of Homecoming Week is seen in two different lights. It is the end of a fun-filled week for students on campus, yet the beginning of a reunion for alumni. Either way, Saturday is the big day of Homecoming Week.

Homecoming Week for SAU started out the same as anyother with numerous activities every night. CAB sponosored a Casino Night on Monday where students could win prizes of gift cards to local businesses. Tuesday night brought back hypnotist Chris Jones by popular demand whose two and a half hour show had audience members crying while videotaping their friends. Wednesday night was a little more relaxing with a showing of “22 Jump Street” in front of the Rogalski Center. A pep rally and bonfire on Thursday night got the campus ready for Saturday’s football game. Friday night was a new activity this year with The Next Big Thing in the Quad. This event from 9:00 p.m. – 11:00p.m. allowed students to listen and dance to a DJ, play games and win prizes in a dry setting.

However, all of this built up to today. The Saturday of Homecoming; the culmination of the 2014 Homecoming Week.

The Killer Bee 5K Run/Walk starts at 8:00 a.m. departing from and returning to campus. The Bumble Rumble for childern will follow allowing them to run up one of the streets in front of the Rogalski Center. At 10:00 a.m. Ambrose Hall will receive a blessing after almost a year and a half of renovations. The bell will also be rung for the first time in many years. Then the festivities move over to the football field at Brady Street Stadium. The annual Taste of Ambrose will take place starting at 11:00 a.m. in the parking lot. Various clubs and organizations will have tables set up with different kinds of food on them. Students can choose from the main dishes of hamburgers or walking tacos, side dishes and of course deserts such as Rice Krispie treats and dirt cups. This is a great way for clubs to promote themselves while participating in a Homecoming event. Everything finally comes together with the 1:00 p.m. kick off of the football game as the Fighting Bees take on the University of St. Francis. For any students back on campus on Saturday night, there will be karaoke in the Beehive from 9:00 p.m. – midnight. Sunday officially concludes Homecoming Week with the Pacem in Terris award at 3:00 p.m in the chapel.

No matter what events students decided to participate in, Homecoming Week 2014 is one to be remembered.