SAU Homecoming Week Preview as told by Friends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Homecoming week is finally here (Sept. 26 – Oct. 1) and there’s a ton of awesome events happening all week! Whether you want to let your inner Ross shine and compete against SAU’s best know-it-alls during trivia night or own the stage like Pheobe during the Lip Sync Battle, there’s an event for you. We’ve got all the inside scoop of what’s worth your time, busy bees. 

Monday: Chloe Hilliard

To kick things off Monday, comedian Chloe Hilliard will be doing a standup act in Rogalski Ballroom at 8 p.m. Some even say she’s funnier than Chandler Bing. Not so convinced? Grab your friends and see for yourself! Either way, be ready to laugh off those Monday blues.

Tuesday: Lip Sync Battle

Go to the Beehive on Tuesday and see SAU’s very own Lip Sync Battle! Do you own rendition of Smelly Cat and you’re sure to be a fan favorite. P.S. Winners are walking off LOADED. We’re talking $200 for the first place winner and so on. Put on your best impersonation and win that cash!

Wednesday: Finding Dory

If you haven’t seen Finding Dory yet, this is your chance! Get your friends together, grab some blankets and pillows, and head over to the Rogo lawn at 10 p.m. on Wednesday. Finding Dory will win your heart just as much Finding Nemo did – enough that you’ll be clapping at the end. 

Thursday: The Icarus Account

Everyone loves Thursdays. Rock your Rachel Green inspired outfits and hit the town! Oh, but before your Thursday night shenanigans, be sure to see the Icarus Account (a duo band made up of twin brothers) at 8 p.m. in the Rogo Ballroom for a fun, acoustic set to start the night out right. 

Friday: Alumni Trivia

Are you the Ross or the Joey of the friend group? Test out your knowledge against other and see which character you really are. Bonus: there are plenty of awesome prizes! Head over to Rogo Ballroom at 8 p.m. 

Saturday at Noon: Taste of Ambrose

Kick off game day with the Taste of Ambrose from 11-12:30 p.m. on the Rogo Lawn! If there’s a time to eat like throwback Monica from college, it’s definitely during this event. SAU clubs and organizations prepare plenty of game day goodies, so be sure to check it out before the game! 

Saturday: Homecoming Game 

The game against Trinitiy Trojans is going to be wild. Get decked out in Fighting Bee spirit and show off your school pride at the game at Brady Stadium starting at 1 p.m. This is no time for half-assed Rachel cheering. It’s the real deal, bees.

Saturday Night: Food Trucks

We love food trucks as much as Joey loves pizza. After a long day of celebrating, treat-yo-self with some late night grub by visiting the food trucks anywhere from 9 p.m. – 12 a.m. 

Happy homecoming week, collegiettes! Have fun and be safe! #GoBees