This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

With Valentine’s Day approaching soon, most single ladies are brutally reminded that they do not have someone to truly share their heart with. The hardest part about this day is not the fact that you do not have someone. Or at least it does not have to be. Love comes in all shapes and sizes. It can be love for your family or friends, self-love, or love towards a partner. The one I recommend you focus on is self-love this year. Not the narcissistic or self-involved kind, but the self-love that reminds you that you are in a good place in your life. The kind where you remind yourself you have made it this far without the need for a significant other because you are strong and courageous. Never forget that this time of year because there is always someone to love, even if it is just realizing the love you should have for yourself.

Hello! My name is Karilyn from Illinois! My major is physical therapy and I graduate in the year 2025. My hobbies include reading, binge watching old movies, and art.