This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

With Christmas time coming around, baking is going to be picking back up, and as much as I enjoy spending time waiting around the oven waiting for treats to finish cooking, sometimes waiting is something I don’t really want to do. Cooling things down, however, is much easier, so no-bake treats are some of my go-to’s when I quickly want a sweet treat with little effort. So while you’re waiting for the cookies to finish baking, you can munch on some of these goodies that will provide you just as much Christmas joy as freshly made gingerbread! 

SerlFz6FqCokqhDWtoeN96Mi3X3Z7DFTapHJlG6juLGke272S7rV0Ox Y2vLQcLv3bQV 6URlDt0mdjroJD5 UVLJnrIj85x3eJdltjbZzB9FGELqOqYxbrSsOMaGSdkl3NEjT8u61AQcrvHdO tHWVH0IF4rUtlEkXlPlAOFKEUMBKcbiBQ1uQS5 9U5w

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/buckeyes-3363307

Buckeyes are a chocolate-peanut butter combo that always hit the spot, and the only problem is finding the willpower to stop eating them. These ones need to chill in the fridge, so they’ll be nice and cool when you get to eat them, and it will provide a nice break from the hot oven. They’re also very smooth, but if you wanted a bit of texture I’m sure a crunchy peanut butter would make a great substitute! These are also very customizable with the sizing, as you can scale the recipe however you like, as well as the ability to roll the buckeyes into whatever size you’d prefer. This recipe is also great for giving as a goodie bag or to neighbors, especially because they’re so easy to pack up!

Keeping on the theme of the peanut butter and chocolate combos, these no-bake cookies are some of my personal favorite snacks. They’re super easy to make, and can usually be made with just one saucepan on a stovetop, so while you might need to stand the heat for a little bit to mix them after they’re scooped you can let them sit on the counter, or in the fridge. The oats in these cookies provide just a little bit of texture, and the peanut butter holds together the flavors of a delicious and crumbly cookie that is very easy to make and even easier to eat. These are also set up fairly quickly, so they’re great to make and eat as you go on with other projects!

85bbJgQ J0erST81Wvi9IhvHS9 8beqOCxKIEWyLDxvkWZmo0O6P1nLm8jy7541vfRlZUf6SKSaLDgJe6CGNZqLuvq XhMhHj Eu 6te8v50U5WyL1PJQnV CSCZDuVNUsccES12VDtNjiXUwYH sLlSR fOWswz2bM2sVwJDs0wZLd4C0Vql1H0X744rA

https://www.thepioneerwoman.com/food-cooking/meals-menus/g41586123/fudge-recipes/?slide=2

Fudge is a staple of Christmas treats in my opinion, and is something that is so versatile! You can start with a classic chocolate fudge, a peanut butter fudge, or even your variations with a vanilla base and any flavor you can add. This is also a dessert you can make and forget about, by letting it set in the fridge for a short while or even overnight. This is also a great thing to pass out or bring to parties, as it makes one big batch for you to cut into smaller pieces. It’s a great dessert to set out for people to graze over on a table, and a perfect thing to set in a bowl out on a dessert buffet. 

8sa19iUUplkCxBqEVshUc4KXgO RkLXzMgxXOIJ0X8IXemXa1jeSjjlBs9RX8w7tlS2FvpV7cTsAIWzznE36OcPZmSGHrAIYOI23E23zj0KzePQOacXasL1gQv2 ToHAaDO9JCOBqMC Hr4O2MoZMdZ2uL4Q5l5JZ L1 5aPii OkgsERLv0fYYsuEHcrQ

Peppermint bark is a perfectly themed dessert, and it also gives you a chance to use up some of the candy canes you accidentally bought too many of. It’s another one of those that you melt down and dump into a pan to set up, so it’s an easy and efficient way to create a dessert while using up those candy canes. It also is a great snack to munch on throughout the baking endeavor, because you get to snap off your pieces to eat! It’s a fun way to grab your snack and keep moving while you’re preoccupied with anything, cooking dinner, playing games with family, or watching a movie and needing something sweet. This chilled dessert and its crisp peppermint flavor offer a refreshing sweet snack to anyone with a sweet tooth. 

dP1ft3TcFYbSgVjxzjRFtZylC5WiPNlF0zCLIeXTS 2kbB 1ZcBm4A hR3lJxkfTy7sgbqF27kWRCIpjX6cD5eMxGzdPFIM8Ll1Zeza9wpQ6ydEcrs74tR7TuAc40ufZ5Jg I sl8wcicj0KuKq7g7lYdguA0j7gPP as5

Chocolate cream pie is something a little something extra for an after-dinner treat. With so much food being eaten around the holidays, a heavy dessert is not something people really look for, so this nice light whipped pie is the way to go. Whether it’s store-bought, or homemade, this chilled pie is a great addition to any dessert bar, and is a favorite for people of any age! You could also probably take some creative liberties with the flavors and add some kind of peppermint or even vanilla in place of the chocolate! The good thing about this recipe is that you do get a little bit of wiggle room with the flavors and method. 

While these desserts may have been listed mainly for the holidays, they are obviously up for grabs all year round! Some of the cookies especially are great when you don’t want to heat up the house by using the oven during the warmer months and are great to bring to a picnic just as much as a holiday party. 

Just a psych major looking to share some words!