This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.
Tips for Organization
- Create to-do lists – Not only does this make sure you know what you need to do, but checking off your to-do list rewards you and can be satisfying.
- Keep binders or folders for all your different classes and activities so you have everything in one place.
- Have a calendar. I use google calendar and it reminds me when all my classes are, what assignments I have due, and also when my scheduled breaks and activities are.
Tips for Improving Grades
- Improve your organization skills so that you can stay up to date with tasks and responsibilities.
- Stay healthy because in order to process and really soak in the material you need to feel like the best version of yourself.
- Go to teachers’ office hours, and if your class offers it, supplemental instruction. Also, some challenging topics, mainly in the science area, have videos online walking you through difficult tasks.
Tips for Staying Healthy
- Make sure you are getting an adequate amount of sleep nightly.
- Make sure you are at least getting some exercise in weekly, you do not need to go crazy, but movement is good for you.
- Take care of yourself and take breaks when you need them. Humans are social animals, and we need to have fun and socialize.
- Keep up with your hygiene routine and maybe add stuff to it that you wanted to try.
- Take breaks from studying, and do things that you find fun or relaxing.
- Plan activities with friends and family.