This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

The Beehive: Want to be able to study but have easy access to a coffee shop but also a more social environment? I like the beehive as I can grab a drink or a snack if I need a quick study break. It is also always full of life so you know your friends can come stop by and say hello.

Library Study Rooms: The Library study rooms are nice. I love going to the 3rd floor with the tv, space for 4 people, many outlets, a big whiteboard, comfortable chairs, and they are private rooms. This makes it great so that a small group can work together without distractions but you also have everything you could possibly need for success to get work done. 

Lounges: Several of the dorm buildings have lounges that you are able to work in or a communal space. Anyone can use these spaces so you never know if they will be busy or empty but it is a space that you can work with a group of people in. 

My Dorm: I live in North Hall so we have a nice little living room that I like to do work in so I can be slightly social if I want to but it can also be a quiet controlled environment. The other place in the dorm I like is at my desk because I have everything that I could possibly need within reach but there can also be a lot of distractions if I am not focused on getting work done. I am able to work privately in my room without anyone coming to bother or distract me so I am completely alone.

Picnic Tables Near Hayes: This is a nice outdoor space to work when it is nice outside. You can work alone or with a small group of people and it can be a social place where your friends can stop and say hi or say hi on passing by. You get to be out in nature to get some fresh air. 

Quad Areas near Rogo: You can get some fresh air while working outside when it is nice. I like to lay a blanket down on the ground while I sit and work on my computer or read a textbook/class reading. You can study alone or have a few friends join you. Make sure you bring a water bottle cause when it gets hot you may want it. You can even bring a hammock and hang on the trees or hammock posts that we have up.

Veronica A(V) is the Campus Correspondent at HC @ SAU. She oversees the entire chapter including editorial, events, social media, etc. Beyond HC, V is involved on campus. She is the President of DAPi. She is the Social Media Director for SAAT, and a Sexual Assault Advocate. Veronica is majoring in Early Childhood Education with an endorsement in Special Education and a minor in Music. She is currently student teaching!!! In her freetime, V plays the flute and other instruments and can sing. She used to play and coach softball. Veronica was born in Florida but now lives in Illinois. She also has 2 cats at home. She was the D.E.I. Ambassador for 2 years.