My Favorite Meatless Meats from the Grocery Store

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

This year, I celebrated 10 years of being vegetarian! Stubborn little me decided she would never touch a chicken nugget again, and I stuck to that. More recently, companies have been doing amazing things for vegans and vegetarians, and have made food more accessible in local grocery stores. Here are some of my favorite vegetarian meats you can find in your frozen section!

plant based, white and black wooden blocks
Photo by Fuzzy Rescue / Pexels

1. Gardein Chipotle Black Bean Burger

These are my go-to veggie burgers! While not trying to be meat, they are packed full of flavor with beans, corn, rice, and peppers. These burgers pair so well with sliced avocado and some garlic aioli! It is a great red meat alternative, holding out on 0mg of cholesterol. Even my meat eating friends have tried this burger and will not go back!

2. Morning Star Chick’n Nuggets

A great chicken alternative for beginners, these nuggets certainly had me fooled. They have the crispy and crumbly texture of a chicken nugget on the outside, and the soft meaty bite inside. These are excellent dorm meals, as they can be cooked in either the oven or microwave! Cold or warm, they are a great introduction to the world of veggies.

3. Earth Grown Zesty Italian Meatless Meatballs

Personally, I am a huge ALDI fan! Recently, ALDI has made great leaps in the world of meatless meats, and these meatballs are no exception. They are low in calorie, and still provide a high amount of protein. I love this addition to my traditional spaghetti dish! With a great amount coming in at a great price, these are something you certainly want to try.

4. Field Roast Miniature Vegan Corn Dogs

Growing up, I always loved a good corn dog. It is one of the things I admittedly miss, I think more due to sweet cornbread rather than the dog! However, these mini corndogs are amazing, and taste just like the real thing. Not only are they vegetarian, but vegan as well, and serve as a great way to transition between the two.

5. Amy’s Veggie Sausage

There is really nothing better than some breakfast sausage dipped in syrup, unless it is veggie sausage. Amy’s veggie sausage is a super light and yummy breakfast side. I have also found these tasty cut into an egg bowl, or wrapped into a breakfast tortilla. No matter how it is served, veggie sausage is a great source of protein, without meat!

Hi friends! I'm a senior Secondary Ed English Major at SAU. You can find me with my dogs, cooking yummy vegetarian meals, or nose in a good book Professional magic maker
Her Campus at SAU