My Favorite Hispanic Owned Businesses in the Quad Cities

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Creative Pastry & Coffee

Located in downtown Silvis, Illinois, Creative Pastry & Coffee is a stunning stop with several photo-ops inside. Serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, their menu combines design and flavor to create the most beautiful and tasty meals. They even offer catering!

Supermercado Monarca

Downtown East Moline, Illinois is home to a grocery store where you can buy everything you need to make your favorite Hispanic meal and grab a bite to eat in their diner while you’re there!

Coya’s Cafe

Traveling through Moline, it’s not difficult to spot the little blue building with indoor and outdoor seating. They make the best elotes I have ever had!

Jose’s Tire Service

Have a leak or blow a tire on the interstate? Stop at Jose’s Tire Service in Moline and get the problem fixed quickly by the friendliest and most helpful mechanics. You might even meet the owner!

Mercado on Fifth

A night market in downtown Moline, hosted every Friday. Enjoy a night of live music, fantastic food, and shopping with local vendors!

Kirsten is an editor at HC@SAU. Beyond HC, Kirsten is involved on campus with the Quercus social media and editorial teams. She plans to attend St. Ambrose University to pursue her master's degree in Speech-Language Pathology. Kirsten is majoring in Psychology with a minor in Communication Sciences and Disorders. In her free time, Kirsten likes to write poetry, play disc golf, and try out family-owned restaurants! A fun fact about Kirsten is that she loves whale sharks.